Blown fuel pump fuse

6gear

Registered
Had to walk yesterday for the first time in 9 yrs. I bought my Busa new in 00 and it died while riding, after checking things out I found out I had a blown fuel pump fuse. So by replacing the fuse I am assuming my fuel pump is on the way down and this will happen again?

its possible but not probable. Pull it off and check the filter. If you need a new one, im sure you can find one for cheap. Nows a good time to start looking for one. That way you can minimize your down time. If you dont "need" it now, then you'll have it later.:beerchug:

I did some major maintanence last year which included cleaning the pump and filter screen so I don't suspect any problems from that.

its possible but not probable. Pull it off and check the filter. If you need a new one, im sure you can find one for cheap. Nows a good time to start looking for one. That way you can minimize your down time. If you dont "need" it now, then you'll have it later.:beerchug:

+1 on what DropBusa says--- I have had mine blow the fuse one time too last year but haven't had it happen again...the other day I was riding home and had mine die all of a sudden too...thought the same thing-- either fuel pump, blown fuse again, or water in my gas (as I had just filled it up about a mile back up the road)--- come to find out it was my tip-over sensor (under the right side of the seat just in front of the battery). My stupid bracket that holds the sensor in place had broken and dropped the sensor....left it hangin' by the wire and loose down by my shock... of course the sensor was doing its job and killed the bike thinking it had went down.... I would suggest going on and looking to buy a used one with low miles on it if you can find it... I bought the extra when mine blew the fuse the first time...and still got it just in case... good luck :beerchug:

the mechanical pump whent out on my 67 plymouth one time, i put a gas can on the roof with a hose going to the carb, set on trickle and held it to the roof with my hand...got me 15 miles to my house...lucky for me i was filling up the can with gas for my mower when it happend...LOL

It wouldn't hurt to check the filter. If the tanks run low at the station you can get all kinds of crap.

the mechanical pump whent out on my 67 plymouth one time, i put a gas can on the roof with a hose going to the carb, set on trickle and held it to the roof with my hand...got me 15 miles to my house...lucky for me i was filling up the can with gas for my mower when it happend...LOL

I have to say this statement has been the most helpful

Back