What is this part?

artnshel

Registered
I took my fairing off tonight, did the pair removal then ran the bike for a minute or so. Right afterward I find this little bushing on the garage floor. What’s it from?

Also is it ok to ride the bike with the fairing off? Are there any (other) parts that are going to fall off if I ride to the store for some gasket sealant before I put the fairing back on?

P9270158.jpg

I think you're right. Are there three knotch like holes on the opposite face? If yes, then it IS from the bar/cowl. ;)

Right on, you guy rock. It was the smaller one that can stay on the bike when you take the rail off.
Thanks

Don't ya just hate when that happens, you are workin' on something - taking it appart - puttin' it back together, and ya got some shiat left over :mad: . Hope you figger out what it is & where it goes.

Pit Bull

Someone once told me that any extra parts at the end were "profit" and that I never wanted that kind of profit.

I remember buying a Chilton's manual and rebuilt my car engine while I was in High School. After building the engine and putting it back in the car, I had a handful of bolts left over. :eek: Never figured out where they went, but the car ran great. I made a lot of "profit" on that project. :laugh:

After putting my fairing back on I've got one of the small fairing screws left over as the dreaded 'profit'. Don't I feel like a turd now.

if you have any more than 5 parts or pieces screws or bolt left over not safe to ride under 5 screw it and take her out :laugh:

Back