What is the best way to remove stickers?

thanks
all_coholic.gif

I used windex and my fingernails. The inners weren't too bad. The tank is a lil more difficult, I still have a lil glue but no sticker. I plan on getting some bug remover or something sim to get the glue off

The stickers on the inners should pull off easy and leave little to no residue. The tank is a different story. I picked mine off with my fingernails and it comes off small bit by bit. Then I used goo gone. You can use many things for doing this. Since you're painting the bike it shouldn't matter.

Haven't removed them from frame, would imagine they're similar to the tank without the paint to worry about in most cases.

Why isn't your painter doing this as part of his prep
rock.gif

I wouldn't remove the important stuff from the frame, just any warnings that are there.
beerchug.gif

(dadofthree @ Aug. 23 2007,18:14) The stickers on the inners should pull off easy and leave little to no residue. The tank is a different story. I picked mine off with my fingernails and it comes off small bit by bit. Then I used goo gone. You can use many things for doing this. Since you're painting the bike it shouldn't matter.

Haven't removed them from frame, would imagine they're similar to the tank without the paint to worry about in most cases.

Why isn't your painter doing this as part of his prep
rock.gif
I am helping with the prep becaus the painter is a friend of mine. I am starting to think that I should have him do all of the prep also.
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

Are you having the inners painted to match. I like it when they're sanded slick, and make sure he uses something in the paint to make it flexible for removal, etc. without cracking on ya.

Make sure you post up pics
super.gif

I used a blow dryer and goof off.  The blow dryer got the main decal off and I removed the glue with goof off.

Jerry

Call me if I can help. 740 965-6822

I have gotten them off of the tail section and the upper. Now those large Kanji symbols are a PITA. Back to it this afternoon.
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

JUST MY OPINION but if you are gonna paint the bike? why worry about how to take the stickers off? your buddy is still gonna have to prep the paint for primer and paint...

I peeled mine off by hand without any problem & used honda polish to remove the any residue.

I used bumber sticker remover and a lot of fingernail. Once I got picked the last bit of sticker off, I sprayed the remover on a cotton cloth and scrubbed the last bit of glue off. Then went over with wax. If i were going to paint it I would probably use the sticker remover or bug and tar remover with a brillo pad or something else crazy and quick like that.

I think i am going to try to use like 1000 grit sandpaper this afternoon
all_coholic.gif
. I will kepp everyone posted. And thanks for all of the ideas.
beerchug.gif

(J.Busa @ Aug. 23 2007,18:21) Hair dryer and peel them off slowly....
biggrin.gif
+1 and goo gone is your friend...they're a pain to take off, but it can be done...just take your time, especially with that one on the tank...

i have a sticker on the front fairing that is taking me ages to get off due to biting my nails lol is there an easy way i cant get a hair dryer out side either coz we havnt got 1.
once i have got it off i think petrol should get the gluy bit off

You can also let'em sit out in the sun, get the parts really warm. It actually helps a lot (assuming it's hot and sunny where you live). ;)

(VaBusa @ Aug. 24 2007,11:56)
(J.Busa @ Aug. 23 2007,18:21) Hair dryer and peel them off slowly....
biggrin.gif
+1 and goo gone is your friend...they're a pain to take off, but it can be done...just take your time, especially with that one on the tank...
I hat that tedious oops I screwed up my paint bs. I never remove stickers....I just ride and enjoy
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Back