Removing warning stickers

mwmarsh78

Registered
I want to remove the warning stickers from my 07 Busa, also would like to remove the Kanji sticker as well. Anyone know the best way to do this?

i used wd40 and a bit of heat,(hair dryer) warm up the sticker till you can lift a corner and then spray a little wd, takes time and patience. do your warning stickers first ..till you get the hang of it.

i noticed when I took off the graphics on my GS500 there was a dull imprint where the sticker was, I guess it was under the clear coat? isn't it the same on the busa? not just a sticker but under the clear? i hated taking those warning stickers off, it definably is a task requiring patience:laugh:

+1 thats how I did mine. I hate warning stickers on my bike thats the first thing i do when i get them home...

Warning stickers : All but the one on the tank just peel off without much fuss, on the tank blow dryer, goo gone, elbow :thumbsup:

i noticed when I took off the graphics on my GS500 there was a dull imprint where the sticker was, I guess it was under the clear coat? isn't it the same on the busa? not just a sticker but under the clear? i hated taking those warning stickers off, it definably is a task requiring patience:laugh:

The tank strip on my black/grey 06 was under the clear, needed a sander to get it off to be painted. I'm guessin your GS was just faded if ya were able to peel them.
Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

Paint reducer(a small amount) and a heat gun. They come off easily in 30 seconds. I was skeptical on the paint reducer, but a friend of mine(a paint and body guy)has done alot of our bikes. 2 years later and my paint and anywhere there was a sticker still looks new and you could never tell they were even there.

I used a heat gun and patience. Then goo gone to get rid of the residue. After I finished I washed and waxed the bike since the area under the stickers had never seen wax before.

The result: SEXY

eb3df606.jpg

Heat gun and a couple sharp PLASTIC scraper, And wax work for me.

If you buy a remover solvent,make sure you buy the right kind. Goo gone has couple different types. Wrong type can ruin your clear coat.

I used the regular Goo Gone and my thumbnail. Tank sticker was the real pain, rest peeled right off.
Have seen "decal remover" stuff on different parts supply web sites, but don't know anything about it. May just be Goo Gone in a different bottle and twice the price.:laugh:

Thanks fellas, i'm gonna try the heat gun and goo be gone, on the warning stickers then i'll work on the Kanji, thanks for the advice. Gonna be 60 degrees today time for a lil ride:thumbsup:

Back