What is the Best AFR for my set-up?

dozerdogue

Registered
I have a BMC filter, 4-1 Yoshi R-77, Bazzaz fuel module, Bazzaz AFM. I recently had my bike tuned by the dealership and they set it for like 13.1 across the board. I don't have the actual printout I'm just going by what they told me. I'm debating bringing my bike to a friend of mine here in CT who is known to be a great tuner and he says he likes to see the AFR closer to 12.5 he believes that the bikes make better power in that range and are more responsive. At the same time he is installing the new smart TRE from Ivan what are everyones thoughts about that? The place where I had my bike tuned initially told me I made 182hp. Come to find out it only made 175hp. When I looked at the sheets one pull wasn't even a full pull. They look offly weird what are your thoughts I'll post it up. The lower graph indicates the bike with all the compnents on except the Bazzaz tuned with the AFM. Don't get me wrong the bike runs really strong it's just that my friend from Lews Cycle & Sled says it could be better and the numbers seem kinda low. He uses a land and sea dyno and his graphs are very well explained along with all the afr's at each RPM along with the hp and tq at each rpm.
001.jpg

Last edited:
Another shop with a dyno that doesn't know how to use it. I'm not surprised at all... :banghead:

I'd get a print out of the A/F ratio. Sounds like they took your money and really didn't do what you wanted correctly....

Mine is set to 13.0 the entire RPM range at 80 and 100% throttle. It is pulling just over 180 on two different dynos. Low end power and responsiveness is not a problem.

Back