What is Normal Operating Coolant Temp

icecoldbusa

Registered
Gen II Busa

Not the numerical number but the place on the gauge, where is normal for it. Got a Billetproof GPS "smart tre" on it and engine ice in it. I think it runs hotter then before with the smart tre up there. Warms up alot faster now. But where on the gauge is normal for sitting in town at a red light and for cruzing highway and city.

Mine never has gone above the 1/2 way mark, usually sets just below it in all conditions.

Cool same in, i have a gap as big as the needle between the half mark and where it sits below the half mark, when i sit in traffic though it will hit the half mark and the fans will come on. Stays on the half or right near it till get get moving again. I think the lil extra heat came for my tre though. I just want some input from other guys. My bike tech said i am fine, it just gets hot on my legs in shorts lol

a tre isn't going to be the ause for a bike overheating. Don't worry about it.

As for hot legs... yea the frame sure can get hot over time. :thumbsup:

Mine runs just south of the mid mark when hot. Rode for hours in bumper to bumper stop and go, mainly stopped traffic in Myrtle Beach last weekend and it never hit mid point. Everyone else was pulling up next to me and switching their bikes off :laugh:

I did the shorts on a ride once. Biggest mistake because I got burned pretty bad on the inner thigh just from the normal running temp. Looked like this :moon:

Will never wear shorts again thats for sure. :laugh:

I wear shorts year round, don't matter rain, snow, or sunshine, really hot days i wear bandanas right below my knees to protect my calf's, got to rock colors that won't get me shot lol, gonna get some orange to match my bike

Just below the half mark, for me as well. That's with 90 to 93 deg. temp outside. Haven't tested it above that.

ive been out in the 100+ and mine was right below the half, maybe hits the half when in heavy traffic not moving. its never come close to overheating. now the f3 that i used to have would make me nervous as it would get hot as he$$. ran right next to the redline when in heavy traffic at a stop from the day it was new. never went over though.

I've been reviewing vid from the beach and if you would like, I'll try to post up. But the Gen II can handle the heat.

This Saturday with temperatures above 30° celsius and heavy traffic with lots of stop and go never hit the 1/2 way mark.

I'm always between 1/4 and a needle below 1/2 way when riding. Stop and go.. never passed 1/2.

Back