What is missing here?

dx3

Registered
Guys,

Was looking over the bike yesterday and saw this

fork.jpg

Seems like something is missing... If so, what are my missing?

Jonny

It looks like a mounting tab for the front fender. Either that or a reflector mount, but I thought the reflector mount was integrated into the caliper and not on a tab by itself.

It looks like a mounting tab for the front fender. Either that or a reflector mount, but I thought the reflector mount was integrated into the caliper and not on a tab by itself.

Well as long as it is something cosmetic then I am not too worried about it :beerchug: I think I may try and get this thing over to Brady for him to give it a full look over and a clean bill of health before I do any more riding.

Jonny

That is definatly without a dought the rear mounting bracket for your front fender.

Last edited:
there should be a matching mounting tab on the other fork tube as well. These are both used to mount the front fender.

Those brake lines are starting to look a little corroded too...

Lowering and 1 inch shouldn't be problem how much is it lowered ??? You think they cut it or did it break off ???

Thanks guys. It actually looks cut and not broken, but in all honesty I am not particularly worried about it.

When I get to replacing those I will def check out the link.

Replace the fender? Doubtful my friend. Had I not spent time looking down there I wouldn't even have noticed it. At this stage, at least to me, it doesn't warrant replacement.

Regards,
Jonny

Thanks guys. It actually looks cut and not broken, but in all honesty I am not particularly worried about it.

When I get to replacing those I will def check out the link.

Replace the fender? Doubtful my friend. Had I not spent time looking down there I wouldn't even have noticed it. At this stage, at least to me, it doesn't warrant replacement.

Regards,
Jonny

If its that hard to notice I wouldnt worry about it.

Back