What is a good 1/8th mile time...

STUNNAH

THE "STUNGUN" IS BACK!&#33
Donating Member
Registered
What do you think is a good 1/8th mile time for a stock length and height Busa???
rock.gif

Best time I've seen on stock bike is 6.75 (not me)  I usually run high 6.80's.  The stock clutch really sucks for dragracing.  Changing clutch this winter, can't wait to try it out!

I can run 6.80's low consistently...All I have to do is stay close to Whoa...

Yeah nothing major though...Two Brothers Slip Ons...PC3R that I can't get set properly...Geared 16/42...Strapped and Rear link...Small Air box mod with K&N Filter...

Did you notice a difference with the 16/42?  Just got my sprocket, liks,strap,and clutch mod.  Just waiting for few more $$$ to order pipe, and PC3R

Hey Stunnah I can't do what the pro's do or even your average Joe! This was merely a way to compare yourself, A measuring stick nothing more! Sometimes nowing what can be done helps to improve what has been done. Keep on dragging.

I just did a radio promotion at a Dragway in Douglas Georgia. After running 3 times in my Radio Van (a Chevy Astro Van; see pic) I was satisfied with a 10.52. I was so pumped up - outrunning the cross town rival's van, and it was my first drag on a real track - I asked the owner of the track if I could make a run with my 'Busa. After checking out my race suit and looking at my bike like it was something from outer-space, he agreed. It's a bone stock 02' silver/grey. On the first run I pulled a 7.02 and on the second a 6.76 - not bad I thought considering I was a drag track virgin.

Jan24_51.JPG

I ran 6.46 on my buddys Bone stock 2002 Busa, just a front strap. He has ran a 6.41 on it. we are both 210 unsuited. I ran 6.42 on my ZX12 just strapped and 1 tooth lower in the front.

My times are starting to go down...Ran a 6.71 was really happy with that...They should continue to go down the more I get to the track...Hoping to get in the 6.5 range...I weigh 250 buck naked so I think that would be a good run for me...
muscle.gif

<span style='color:silver'></span><span style='font-family:impact'></span><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'></span>
i have a 2002 Hayabusa that is 100% stock with 3200 miles and i have ran a best of a 6.38 @ 120mph and ran a best of 9.98 @ 141.99 in the 1/4 mile     but like my name says i am a skinny kid sporting all of 135lb if i lucky

<span style='color:silver'></span><span style='font-family:impact'></span><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'></span>
i have a 2002 Hayabusa that is 100% stock with 3200 miles and i have ran a best of a 6.38 @ 120mph and ran a best of 9.98 @ 141.99 in the 1/4 mile     but like my name says i am a skinny kid sporting all of 135lb if i lucky

You are skinny...
jump9.gif

Hey Skinny Kid you are riding the #### out of the bike...You must have very good technique to keep her down...Any suggestions or advise is always appreciated...By the way I out weigh you by 120...

the most i can say is that you have to become one with your Busa but the thing that has helped me the most is i use to race MX in my early teens but i had to quit while i could still walk i am almost 20 now and i walk with a mild limp some time but most i can say is learn your bike and twist on that MFr oh yea i leave the line at around 10k and baby the clutch but am all the way out on it by the 60' mark.:kick:

went back to the track saturday night to a test and tune deal they hold at one of the local tracks they start running at midnight and run to daylight track was working good and i swaped tires to a Shinko still using the stock clutch set up and i some how seamed to pull of a 6.33 dont have a MPH though it said i ran like 705MPH (haha i wish) but it felt good going back to the track thursday night will post some times

Skinny Kid

Back