What (if any) gear do you wear when its 100+ degrees out

There are two different camps here. Is the real question "How uncomfortable is it when riding in full gear?" I find it's tolerable as long as you're moving. Stop for lunch or gas, and the sweat starts making thing a bit nasty down there.

When wearing the Aerostich, the trick is to jump out of the suit ASAP, and don't put it back on until you're ready to roll. :laugh:

The key to riding in Alabama when its blazing hot is to do it early. Our time is between 5 am and noon. Its not so much the heat as it is the humidity. We wear full gear- helmet, gloves, mesh jacket, leather pants and riding boots.

Yeah Thats what ill have to do. just ride at certain times. It may be super crazy hot and humid here, but atleast when the spring and fall get here its gonna be AWSOME!!!!.

i agree, but i won't be dumb and cause the accident, if i go down it will be an animal/potholes fault/oily roads
I know of many riders who have been riding for 20+ years and would run rings around you and just about everyone else I know with their riding skills and many of them have gone down and it wasnt because they were dumb....:whistle: too many unforeseen circumstances out there (chics texting on their phones....:whistle:, elderly having medical issues such as heart attacks, seizures or other medical issues, drunk drivers, drivers blowing thru flashing red lights vs. stopping....:whistle: etc....)

Busa Rookie said:
all you guys saying you dont ride when it's hot
you guys are something else because that's ALL i want to do is ride. especially when it's hot out because that's when you get to ride half naked and enjoy the breeze. make no sene being all bound up in gear all the time unless you have some enviorment fears like that kid in a plastic bubble

Is this Pandemic re-incarnate???

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

When it's that hot, the air is warmer than your body. So, the less you wear, the more heat transfers from hot air to your body - which is not good. The more you wear, the less heat transfers from hot air to your body. This could be the reason you overheated. Wearing a T-shirt could've made it worse. Having a more relaxed ride also helps.

I did ride recently in a 100+ weather for hours in my full leathers, gloves, and boots - almost 300 miles. I had three bottles of water with me. I stopped in the shade a number of times, drank water (although it was warm), poured on my head and in the helmet. If there was a slightest hint of dry mouth, unusual tiredness, or feeling lightheaded, I would stop for a break right away. After a while, my body adjusted and I was reasonably OK - meaning I was still enjoying the ride, although all sweaty under the leathers. I would not go out riding without full protection - all it takes is one slow speed get off to ruin your body.
Lots of truth to this. Plus the mesh covering actually shades you from the sunlight hitting you directly. Look at folks from hot sunny climates like the middle east. Covered in lots of light breathable layers.

I know of many riders who have been riding for 20+ years and would run rings around you and just about everyone else I know with their riding skills and many of them have gone down and it wasnt because they were dumb....:whistle: too many unforeseen circumstances out there (chics texting on their phones....:whistle:, elderly having medical issues such as heart attacks, seizures or other medical issues, drunk drivers, drivers blowing thru flashing red lights vs. stopping....:whistle: etc....)

Don't forget mechanical issues. I went down due to to damaged/defective master cylinder. Bike felt like it was loosing power and I gave it a hand full since I was in traffic with a tail gater, then the front wheel came up and I realized what was happening.

Back