What gloves?

MeatGrinder

Registered
Right now I just wear leather with gel palms. Probably not that great if I went down. I don't know crap about the armor/sport bike style gloves. Theres tons to pick from. Have any suggestions? I like the padded palms. Thanks.

I have tried a set of FirstGear gloves, TourMaster gloves and AGV gloves. Nothing particular about any of the styles I chose. Just bought a set of Joe Rocket SpeedMaster gloves, but won't get to try them on for a while yet. I've heard very good things about them, Teknic, Held and a few others. Your best bet may be to go to a local dealer and try on as many pair as you can. Wish I could tell you more.

I'm still looking for the perfect glove. Been through five or six pair in the last few years all from popular manufacturers. My Rocket Razors are probably my favorite for an armored light warm weather glove. They do run REAL small though. Got an old pair of Blasters for cooler weather. I personally don't like too much in the palm, takes away feel and tends to bunch up. As always, Newenough.com is a great place to look.

I use the Joe Rocket Speed Master. they are the best....!!! I have tried FirstGear, and Ikon... but nothing compares to the comfort and the styling of the Joe Rocket IMO
smile.gif

I am a big fan of the alpinestars. I had a set of the leather gloves with the kevlar knuckles that lasted one 70mph wreck and 5 years after that before they finally wore through. I bought a pair of replacement gloves from the local bike shop. They are acvsports or something like that and they are almost worn all the way through and it has only been about 1500 miles. Ordered me a new set of alpinestars should be here this weekend
smile.gif
The leather gloves are warm and take a bit to break in but once you do <3. When I went down I had gloves, helmet, back pack, blue jeans on(jacket came in next day had it ordered). I was able to control my slide and slid mostly on my gloves, and back pack. Had very minimal road rash and gloves were still 100% integrety just scratched up on the knuckles. They made a beliver out of me
smile.gif

smile.gif

+1 on the A-Stars, I love mine. Sold my rockets to a friend real cheap because I would never wear them after the A-Stars!

I think the A*'s are wicked! But I got the Frank Thomas which have very similar features to the A* (armour on the knuckles etc), but without the stitched together pinky and ring fingers.

The best gloves are..."The ones that you will wear"
wink.gif

Seriously though, I've got a pair of Joe Rocket gloves and I love 'em. Which ever ones you decide on, just make sure you give them time to get broken in before you cast them to the side.

Try on as many styles as you can.
cool.gif

Just this last weekend I crash tested a set of Alpinestars gp pros at over 100mph and the saved my hands completely. Fingers spent some good time grinding.

edit:
i'll tryto get some pics up for you soon.

<!--EDIT|Ononewheel
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113969514 -->

I just received my Icon Hooligans so I can't say too much about them. I like the armored knuckles and the overlapping stitching on the fingers. I think they will provide very good protection in a get-off.

I also have a pair of Olympia gloves that I wear for cold weather riding.

I'm probably going to be looking for something lighter than the Hooligans once it gets into June/July. I also think I might get a pair of the TiMax gloves from Icon.

I'm kind of into the armor thing since I broke my pinky earlier this year when it got wedged between the handle bar and the clutch lever as I high-sided. Now I have 2 titanium screws holding it together.
sad.gif

I like Joe Rocket Speedmaster's, I just got my 3rd pair, (keep having to change color to match my bike..lol)
Very comfortable, even in hot so.FL. weather.
PS and they have good resale value on Ebay if you have to change them.. lol

Back