When is the best time to buy new gear?

jay21112

Registered
Yeah, I put on my joe rocket speedmaster gloves today and saw that one of them had 3 rips in its palm. It looks like I dipped my glove in acid. These things are 3 years old, but I don't understand how that ever should have happened. I mean if i hit pavement, these f'n things would have dissolved. Last pair of Joe Rocket gloves I buy.

OK, so I'm looking to get a pair of Alpinestars GP tech gloves. I don't need them for this season, as it's getting cold now and I can wear my winter gloves (Alpinestars WR-1 gore-tex). But I WILL need them for next season.

So I need to know when I should buy them. When do sites have their "last year's model" closeout sales? Because, since I don't need them right this minute, I'd prefer to wait until then to get them at the lowest price possible (for those of you who know the price of these gloves, you can understand this).

So should I buy now, or wait a few months (until when)?

IMO, the best time to buy gear/bikes is out of season. They will be more willing to cut a deal when demand is low......

True, the winter can be a good time, but right now is also a very good time, everytone is getting the 06 stuff in. I got a Rocket jacket 70% off a local shop two weeks ago. I would check some places out and see what's on the sale rack.

also try street&track here on the board. The sold me a set of boots and gloves for less than i could find them ANYWHERE! over 10% less!

True, the winter can be a good time, but right now is also a very good time, everytone is getting the 06 stuff in. I got a Rocket jacket 70% off a local shop two weeks ago. I would check some places out and see what's on the sale rack.
That's what I'm thinking.

A little while ago I started to see the new 06 styles coming in and the 05's going on sale. So now isn't a bad time, but will it get better?

How far into winter do these sales go, and when is it too late (like, everything is on sale but they only have XXXXL sizes left)?

Question: "When is the best time to buy gear?"

Answer; Before you wreck.

Sorry, just had to post that. First thing that popped into my pointy head.:blush:

Back