What does the FI light mean on my 06 Busa?

M

mperetz

This is how dumb I am. In 2008 I bought a 2006 Busa from Hudson Valley Motorcycles in Ossining, NY. That's near Croton on Hudson, NY where I live.

It had about 2K miles on it and now it has about 3K. Haven't ridden that much obviously - for personal reasons it was impossible for a while - but I'm past that now.

My question: What does that FI light mean on my Busa? It doesn't come on, ever - as far as I can tell. I tried to search this out on Google - and probably the instruction manual would tell me... but I figured it would be a good way to be a newbie on this forum....

Anyway - I'm a newbie on this Web site in general. I used to be active on a sportsbike forum related to the NY area, which is where I live.

I started off on a kawasaki Vulcan (used) for some reason - after Motorcycle Safety School. Then it bored me and I didn't like the tank not being between my legs, etc. Then I got a new Suzuki Bandit and did a ton of mods to it and for some reason sold it to buy a used Triumph Speed Triple. I liked that bike. I don't even remember why I sold it - and then In 2008 I got the 2006 Hayabusa. End of motorcycle story to date. I guess my total mileage ridden is about 10K. Not much by most people's standards - but I'm 44 with kids and other responsibilities....

goodluck

boosted finally
Donating Member
Registered
if it starts flashing or stays on it means there is some kind of problem it could be from a very simple that it will reset and you will never see it again or something serious enough that everytime you ride it, the light will come on. its kinda like a check engine light on a car

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
derekbenade