what does it mean to you...

slash

Registered
Just curious, I never knew the passion that people had for their bikes. I can understand that it is a stress release, get away from reality and more once you saddle up and ride but does it run deeper than that?

i have been in the mustang scene locally for years and went through the same thing there. I built the fastest terminator vert on the planet with a stock computer. When i sold it everyone was like "how could you do that??! I just cannot grasp this concept. I sold it because I accomplished my goal and it was time to try something else! no cosmic connections just a piece of metal!

is it just the hayabusa or just riding in general? is it the call of the road or is it like a drug in your veins that you need your fix of or the withdrawls will soon follow?

I have tried to understand this concept and for the life of me cannot grasp it. Don't get me wrong, I love my Hayabusa, but the focus of my life is raising my 2 young kids and providing for my family all the while having the ability to hop on the bike and take it for a spin.

how does it become a "way of life"? or is it like the jeep thing "if you have to ask you wont understand"?

thoughts?

For me, family is first also. I am just into anything with a motor. Owning my Busa and two cages just helps show my accomplishments and hard work through the years. Being on the Bisa is such a rush that seems different everytime I hit the road. The freedom is great and seems like I am one with the open road. I hardley ever sell anything I buy because I but it because I want it and work hard to get it. I just love to make improvements along the way to always keep it different. Once I reach a certain goal, I change it up and go a new direction. the Busa has always been my passion since day one and will always be.

For some of us, it runs way deeper than just any 200mph vehicle. Motorcycling for some is a calling, a unknown love we were born with that is ever evolving. Never taking the same corner the same way, finding roads people forgot existed, getting lost in nowheresville USA only to find yourself.

No my friend to some motorcycling is irreplaceable. I love my family and we all share this passion, my dad on a goldwing1800 my mom on a shadow 750 and my brother on a gsxr600. Lucky me.

Although they will always come first they understand this feeling, this freedom of being out of the open road with no destination or cause. Just riding.

For some of us, riding soothes the soul and no matter how lost you are you always feel right at home with your leg over your bike.

I love motorcycles. And maybe I'm a unique case but I feel as though others out there know exactly what feeling I'm talking about everytime we ride. The hayabusa to many is just an extension of themselves, and who on earth would want to give that up.

Is it more important than family, no absolutely not, my point is that this runs way deeper than just fun on two ( or one ) wheels
Posted via Mobile Device

For some of us, it runs way deeper than just any 200mph vehicle. Motorcycling for some is a calling, a unknown love we were born with that is ever evolving. Never taking the same corner the same way, finding roads people forgot existed, getting lost in nowheresville USA only to find yourself.

No my friend to some motorcycling is irreplaceable. I love my family and we all share this passion, my dad on a goldwing1800 my mom on a shadow 750 and my brother on a gsxr600. Lucky me.

Although they will always come first they understand this feeling, this freedom of being out of the open road with no destination or cause. Just riding.

For some of us, riding soothes the soul and no matter how lost you are you always feel right at home with your leg over your bike.

I love motorcycles. And maybe I'm a unique case but I feel as though others out there know exactly what feeling I'm talking about everytime we ride. The hayabusa to many is just an extension of themselves, and who on earth would want to give that up.

Is it more important than family, no absolutely not, my point is that this runs way deeper than just fun on two ( or one ) wheels
Posted via Mobile Device

Great insight!

thanks for sharing!:thumbsup:

I think for me alot of it has to do with the Time and Money and yes even Blood Me and Freinds have put into my Misty, Knowing she is one of the Baddest machines on the road gives a sence of pride. Yes I have an EGO and Misty helps me out with that alot when people come up to me and complimenting me on her.

Bottom line, Yes she is just a Machine, But dont tell her that or she will open a can of whoooooopazz on you unlike you have ever seen. :laugh:

===================================================================

MISTY.jpg

I think for me alot of it has to do with the Time and Money and yes even Blood Me and Freinds have put into my Misty, Knowing she is one of the Baddest machines on the road gives a sence of pride. Yes I have an EGO and Misty helps me out with that alot when people come up to me and complimenting me on her.

Bottom line, Yes she is just a Machine, But dont tell her that or she will open a can of whoooooopazz on you unlike you have ever seen. :laugh:

===================================================================

she is a beauty, tell her for me...:beerchug:

Just curious, I never knew the passion that people had for their bikes. I can understand that it is a stress release, get away from reality and more once you saddle up and ride but does it run deeper than that?

i have been in the mustang scene locally for years and went through the same thing there. I built the fastest terminator vert on the planet with a stock computer. When i sold it everyone was like "how could you do that??! I just cannot grasp this concept. I sold it because I accomplished my goal and it was time to try something else! no cosmic connections just a piece of metal!

is it just the hayabusa or just riding in general? is it the call of the road or is it like a drug in your veins that you need your fix of or the withdrawls will soon follow?

I have tried to understand this concept and for the life of me cannot grasp it. Don't get me wrong, I love my Hayabusa, but the focus of my life is raising my 2 young kids and providing for my family all the while having the ability to hop on the bike and take it for a spin.

how does it become a "way of life"? or is it like the jeep thing "if you have to ask you wont understand"?

thoughts?

Well slash...after reading your responses to chevellesteve's post on "getting inked"....I can understand why you are so inquisitive. Getting ink with anything regarding to what some might look at as just metal & motor may seem extreme. Not to me....but I could see how it may look to anyone who has never ridden a motorcycle.

As others have posted, it's not just a hobby, it's a lifestyle. You can go get on your bike and use it for utilitarian reasons(get from point A to point B) or you can get on your bike and escape. Mentally & physically. It doesn't have to be a "mythical connection" as you referred to. Although for some it may come close. Challenging yourself during a back road burner ride, doing your own service work, taking part in charity rides, and best of all...making new friends! :thumbsup:

Having been in the Mustang scene and having put your blood & sweat into building an ultimate machine....I'd think you'd understand.
In the end it is just that....a machine. But you can make much more out of it if you choose.

Not to come off harsh....just trying to explain as best I can.

Last edited:
Well slash...after reading your responses to chevellesteve's post on "getting inked"....I can understand why you are so inquisitive. Getting ink with anything regarding to what some might look at as just metal & motor may seem extreme. Not to me....but I could see how it may look to anyone who has never ridden a motorcycle.

As others have posted, it's not just a hobby, it's a lifestyle. You can go get on your bike and use it for utilitarian reasons(get from point A to point B) or you can get on your bike and escape. Mentally & physically. It doesn't have to be a "mythical connection" as you referred to. Although for some it may come close. Challenging yourself, doing your own service work, taking part in charity rides, and best of all...making new friends! :thumbsup:

Having been in the Mustang scene and having put your blood & sweat into building an ultimate machine....I'd think you'd understand.
In the end it is just that....a machine. But you can make much more out of it if you choose.

agreed, i have been riding for 30+ years but still see it as a recreation, not a way of life. The ink thread got me thinking. the culture runs deep and it is facinating to learn about it and how it effects different people different ways.

I think that ink thread got a bit derailed as well, i never insinuated regret would be a result of a non meaningful tat, but thats kinda where the thread went.

The internet forum is okay but you can come off as an arrogant smartass due to not being able to direct sincere emotion in your posts and questions. It is all very black and white and straight forward. That was not my intent as i am a very inquisitive person.

again, thanks for the insight...

Yes when you want that peace of mine i jump on her and ride and relaxs the feeling is so different then anything else but its my way to relaxs and stress everyone should try it works great for me :bowdown:

agreed, i have been riding for 30+ years but still see it as a recreation, not a way of life. The ink thread got me thinking. the culture runs deep and it is facinating to learn about it and how it effects different people different ways.

I think that ink thread got a bit derailed as well, i never insinuated regret would be a result of a non meaningful tat, but thats kinda where the thread went.

The internet forum is okay but you can come off as an arrogant smartass due to not being able to direct sincere emotion in your posts and questions. It is all very black and white and straight forward. That was not my intent as i am a very inquisitive person.

again, thanks for the insight...

Yeah Mike...I hear ya. Sorry if I came across that way as well.

as my wife would say... "i cant stand him for 5 months over the winter not rideing...couldnt imagine him without one" it is who i am...like computer games and motorcycles... i just wouldnt knwo what to do without either...they define ..me

Back