What do you think of this situation?

This happened near Santa Clara, right?

Has anyone seen BA Busa recently? Curious...:rofl:

there are too many unanswered questions to pass judgment just yet.

what was the condition of the bum? Intoxicated? combative? demanding money?

how hard did the guy push him?
did he step between the car and the bum causing the bum to loose his balance and fall?
or did he come in UFC style and slam the guy?
maybe the bum was drunk and fell on his own?

did the bum make any statements or threats to the wife which caused her to flee her own vehicle.

given the same course of events..
if someone was messing with my vehicle i would definitely take some action to protect my property.

in addition if my wife and or child were in the vehicle. the guy would have been leaving in a ambulance or a police car.

i don't think that the guy had intent to kill the bum so him falling and hitting his head is just plain ole bad luck. weather or not the guy spends time behind bars will be up to 12 people who couldn't figure out how to get out of jury duty.

but honestly i probably would have done the same thing. like i said.. him hitting his head was just plain ole bad luck.

Thank you for making that point that the information available in the article if far from complete and woefully inadequate to allow a fair judgement of the situation.

I'm thinking a few kind words and a couple of coins would have been the way to go.

I used to be the get the F away type or I'll make you go away type. I still don't like being panhandled, but the guy was trying to make an honest buck. Got to at least respect that.

Who knows what his history was. Could very well be a Vet that did his duty and never got over it. Point is who knows, give people a break. Somehow we think we are better than someone else because we have more. Most of us treat stray animals better than we treat stray humans.

Last edited:
Too bad someone had to die, pray you're never in his situation. It's easy to find fault with someone when you're eating three squares a day.

I'm thinking a few kind words and a couple of coins would have been the way to go.

I used to be the get the F away type or I'll make you go away type. I still don't like being panhandled, but the guy was trying to make an honest buck. Got to at least respect that.

Who knows what his history was. Could very well be a Vet that did his duty and never got over it. Point is who knows, give people a break. Somehow we think we are better than someone else because we have more. Most of us treat stray animals better than we treat stray humans.

Yes, the point is "Who knows?".

It could also very well be that the guy was beligerent and/or threatening toward the driver, the girl or both and that they may have witenessed him harm someone the week prior and found out that he was a hard core mass murderer that was out on parole after 25 years in the pen.

So again, the point is "Who knows?".

Probably none of us and probably only the deceased and the accused (driver and girl).

The driver said "no".

What if it was you....on your bike. Some transient says he wants to wipe down your ride for a fee... you say "no thanks".. but he starts anyway. At this point, are you going to be nice or tell him to GTF away? I'm guessing the latter. Yet, he continues....you aren't gonna push him away from your ride?

I'm bettin' I would. I don't by any means want to kill the poor sucker...but hey.. I said NO. Is it my/your/anyones fault that he fell and smacked his head?

No.

I won't get into my personal thoughts about panhandlers and transients, but suffice to say, he made his bed when he ignored the driver IMO.

Sad? Most certainly. Very sad. Who made the first mistake? The transient.

+2 he didn't strike him he pushed him away. He shouldn't have gone back to the car especially with his girl still in the car after being told no.
Can't find the article but not to long ago down here a transient went to a girl sitting in the passenger seat after her bf got out of the car to ask for money, he told him to wait for her bf to come back he might have some an the transient through acid on the girls face scarred her for life. And he just walked away an was never heard from again. He shouldn't do any time imo

If he was obviously transient (homeless looking) and 60, he must have looked 80. Living on the streets ages you terribly. Avoiding him would have been the right thing to do. Who's so afraid of someone in their 60s that they had to push an old man out of the way? Apparently (that) guy and also apparently, some members here...???

If he was obviously transient (homeless looking) and 60, he must have looked 80. Living on the streets ages you terribly. Avoiding him would have been the right thing to do. Who's so afraid of someone in their 60s that they had to push an old man out of the way? Apparently (that) guy and also apparently, some members here...???

Me no I don't think so, but if he was accosting the lady I left in the car yeah I could see it happening but that s just me.

If if if...but the article doesn't say anything about that. In fact, the female got out of the car to tell her guy the transient was cleaning the windows anyway. Based on what was printed, the guy didn't deserve what he got.

If if if...but the article doesn't say anything about that. In fact, the female got out of the car to tell her guy the transient was cleaning the windows anyway. Based on what was printed, the guy didn't deserve what he got.

Absoulutely! The driver should not be facing murder charges. :poke::laugh::beerchug:

Very sad that a guy down on his luck (for what ever reason) dies for no reason...

There used to be a day when messing around with a person's transportation ( there horse) was a hanging offense.

There must be some sort of no solicitation rules set up by the gas station owners, hopefully.

That's loitering, so the bum shouldn't have been there to begin with. ???

There used to be a day when messing around with a person's transportation ( there horse) was a hanging offense.

There must be some sort of no solicitation rules set up by the gas station owners, hopefully.

That's loitering, so the bum shouldn't have been there to begin with. ???

Riiiiiight, he was probably jaywalking too!:evil: All misdemeanors, or less... When hanging was the punishment for horse thieves it was because stealing someone's horse usually stranded them in a life risking way.

The article I read said he was washing the window, nothing about a mass murderer, attacking anyone, throwing acid. Washing a window can hardly be considered a messing with your transportation (horse?) crime. Loitering isn't worthy of assualt and it's certainly not a gas patrons place to be the enforcer.

If a 29 year old has to attack and kill a 60 year old transient for scraping bugs off his windsheild the 29 year old has bigger problems than the transient.

Why not buy the guy a twinky in the store, pat him on the back, tell him to have a good one, instead of knocking him down and busting his melon open on the asphalt?

The article I read said he was washing the window, nothing about a mass murderer, attacking anyone, throwing acid. Washing a window can hardly be considered a messing with your transportation (horse?) crime. Loitering isn't worthy of assualt and it's certainly not a gas patrons place to be the enforcer.

If a 29 year old has to attack and kill a 60 year old transient for scraping bugs off his windsheild the 29 year old has bigger problems than the transient.

Why not buy the guy a twinky in the store, pat him on the back, tell him to have a good one, instead of knocking him down and busting his melon open on the asphalt?

Pardini,

Don't get me wrong. If the situation was truly that innocent, then yes, there is no cause for assault. My point, however, is that there is actually very little info in the article and we do not know if there is more to the story or not. Therefore, any judgement on our part is pure uninformed speculation.

Back