What do you think of this situation?

sad, really sad. whats a couple bucks for someone washin your window,.....really
Posted via Mobile Device

probly only get manslaughter or assault, justice system sucks
Posted via Mobile Device

Those kind of things happen all the time where i live, killings almost every couple days.
Its too bad what happens now days in this world but when its almost an every day accurance thing like don't even phase me much anymore.

DC use to have a big problem with homeless people bullying people on the street for money and others washing windows at traffic lights and demanding money. They are a pain in the butt. They usually will go away when you ignore them. The guy over reacted and should be punished accordingly. That was totally uncalled for.

The driver said "no".

What if it was you....on your bike. Some transient says he wants to wipe down your ride for a fee... you say "no thanks".. but he starts anyway. At this point, are you going to be nice or tell him to GTF away? I'm guessing the latter. Yet, he continues....you aren't gonna push him away from your ride?

I'm bettin' I would. I don't by any means want to kill the poor sucker...but hey.. I said NO. Is it my/your/anyones fault that he fell and smacked his head?

No.

I won't get into my personal thoughts about panhandlers and transients, but suffice to say, he made his bed when he ignored the driver IMO.

Sad? Most certainly. Very sad. Who made the first mistake? The transient.

The driver said "no".

What if it was you....on your bike. Some transient says he wants to wipe down your ride for a fee... you say "no thanks".. but he starts anyway. At this point, are you going to be nice or tell him to GTF away? I'm guessing the latter. Yet, he continues....you aren't gonna push him away from your ride?

I'm bettin' I would. I don't by any means want to kill the poor sucker...but hey.. I said NO. Is it my/your/anyones fault that he fell and smacked his head?

No.

I won't get into my personal thoughts about panhandlers and transients, but suffice to say, he made his bed when he ignored the driver IMO.

I agree..

In fact..let's take this one step further..

What about the mental anguish that will stick with both the driver and the passenger for the rest of thier lives?

You think it's fair that they live with that image simply because they didn't want someone to wash thier windshield? Kind of a high price to pay don't you think?

No means no.

here's another angle;

You're driving along, fat dumb and happy...you see a sign...says "Detour, do not proceed, Danger". You keep goin anyway. You then proceed to blaze off into the river 'cause the bridge is out...you die.
Who's fault is that? Duh.

I didn't see the 60 year old man putting anyone in danger so I really see no reason for the guy to come out and knock him down.

should have found a better line of work, washing windows is very dangerous. :whistle:

How about this .... it was your Busa and you told the guy not to touch it and he proceeded anyway? Would you push him or just let him fondle your bike? Most of you would shove the guy.

Too bad he fell down hit his head and died. who started this event? A loser who has nothing and tries to extort money so he can buy cigarettes, booze or dope.
They don't want to work, they want cash from people. Enough is enough, NO means NO. Go away means go away.

Last edited:
The driver said "no".

No.

I agree 100% but it is sad he died.

Doubtful the guy meant to kill him when he hit him. Over reaction maybe, bad scene for everybody involved certainly.
I lived in Kansas City for a little while and found, bums can get to be a real PITA after a while. I agree, bum should have taken "no" for an answer and moved on.

sad he died but no means no and well, he's lucky all he got was pushed down. I dont know how I'd react if my family was in the car and the guy was making a move towards the car while I was in the shop paying. Hitting his head might not have been what kills him in that scenario :whistle:

seriously though, I have no tollerance for bums, beggers and the like. There are plenty enough organizations out there to help indigent folks, gawd knows we pay enough taxes to fund them. People have options, this guy chose incorrectly and paid dearly for it. Was the price he paid too high, dunno he's probably in a better place now. The fact is the guy pushed him away just as any of us would have in similar situations (particularly if your family/child was in the car). the fact he died from hitting his head, hell that coulda happened any given night when he passed out drunk under the bridge

Not too long ago a transient who lived on the streets in Los Angeles and was known by business owners and residents of the neighborhood. The residents would give him food. He never asked for a handout he was just homeless. Anyway while he was sleeping not bothering anybody, two men decided to pour gasoline on him and set him on fire. The poor guy burned to death.
I really get tired of being appoached by panhandlers and homeless people asking for my hard earned money, but you have to stop and ascess the situation before you react. Come on what was the worse thing that could of happend to this guy at the gas station? He got a free window wash. He told the guy NO then the old man washed his windows anyway. Don't pay him and leave, instead he ended up killing a guy over what might have cost him $1.00......... Sad just sad...........

there are too many unanswered questions to pass judgment just yet.

what was the condition of the bum? Intoxicated? combative? demanding money?

how hard did the guy push him?
did he step between the car and the bum causing the bum to loose his balance and fall?
or did he come in UFC style and slam the guy?
maybe the bum was drunk and fell on his own?

did the bum make any statements or threats to the wife which caused her to flee her own vehicle.

given the same course of events..
if someone was messing with my vehicle i would definitely take some action to protect my property.

in addition if my wife and or child were in the vehicle. the guy would have been leaving in a ambulance or a police car.

i don't think that the guy had intent to kill the bum so him falling and hitting his head is just plain ole bad luck. weather or not the guy spends time behind bars will be up to 12 people who couldn't figure out how to get out of jury duty.

but honestly i probably would have done the same thing. like i said.. him hitting his head was just plain ole bad luck.

Back