What do you guys think of Ducati's?

I rode an RSV-4 a few years back, brand new one, it was horrible, the whole thinng rattled, V4's are gross.

Really that bad. There was someone who did a nice write up of why inline 4s were better than v-4s. It mostly had to do with the firing order. But then I wonder about the MotoGP V-5 cylinder bikes that have the strange 5th exhaust pipe coming out of the side near the middle. At least I think they are v-5s. That might alter the firing order to be smoother than a v-4. Those are one off bikes though.

Floyd

This is what comes to mind when I think Ducati...............:laugh:

broke.jpg

All good:laugh:

Ok what do I think.

Well they look great. That where it stops

2011 Ducati diavel overheated, electronic bugs, melted outside belt cover, in shop 6 times in 1.5 months.
Had such problems Ducati traded my 2011 straight up for brand new 2012. Well same issues, sold it, made a profit and that will forever ruin my Ducati experience.

Neighbors 2012 monster evo 1100.
New front wheel replaced under recall, another recall for dried up fuel lines, bike will not start when hot out, or bike has continues hot starts Ducati calls it vapor locking and it's normal.

Friends
1098s
Oil blow bye, can't run ethanol fuel for fear of gas tank expanding(plastic tank)

I have another friend with a 1098s tricolor no problems I know of, but he bought it for garage art, he rides his busa or his m109r on the street.

Back