What do we do about ISIS?

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
If you had the power to decide how to handle the ISIS dilemma, what would you do?

1.) Keep bombing them from the air?

2.) Send ground troops into a mess where ISIS members are mixed within innocent civilians and you never know who the bad guys are until they attack you? If you shoot the wrong guys, CNN and Fox let the media loose on you and you get court marshaled. And loose American lives?

3.) Leave them alone and let them have their Caliphate, tell them to leave us alone and if they do anything here nuke them until nothing is left?

4.) Have nice boys talk with the United Nations, get all of Europe, Russia, the US, Asia and everyone to contribute equally to an international force. Then go have a talk with Assad and tell him if he cannot manage safety in his country, the United Nations will take over the country, eradicate all threats and install a new government. Kind of what we tried to do in Iraq and Afghanistan at great costs with little to no success?

5.) Find a new Saddam Hussein, who despite being a tyrant had things under control with the way he dealt with these folks. Put him in power? After all, his language was the only language they understand?

6.) Any other ideas?

Elect Trump..... problem solved. he seems to be the only one with any balls to do anything about it. this whole politically correct world we live in aint working obviously!

they don't understand anything other then FORCE!

Number 5 for me,its the only thing they understand,I hate to say it but Putin may have the right idea,at least you boys(usa) have boarders,were sitting ducks

I believe we should encourage them and even help them create their Caliphate.

Give them a city or two to call their own then hold a big festival so everyone is home.

Then Nuke their asses into oblivion!

Well I think Trump is on the right idea when he says take the oil fields. Oil sales is providing them $40M a day in revenues. Cut off the economics and they go back to being camel jockeys. It wouldn't take much to gain control of the oil fields.

Further if we don't, Putin will.

#4 wont work. The UN is a financial institution, a fallacy. They will do nothing unless they see monetary support (gain or motivation) to meet and attempt in a keystone cop way to form some political sanctions and move slowly enough to effectively stay out of the crosshairs of critics. The US contributes the most to the UN anyway so essentially we are paying them to do nothing. It is merely a political face on the "just war" theory but I haven't seen them do anything effectively. Coalitions are a better solution. But they need monetary motivation as well. Basically nobody is going to do anything without financial gain. Justice is a long ago failed concept. Don't think that countries that were involved in Afghanistan on NATO terms (some of them actually paying off the TB to not IED routes) were actually doing much of anything. Some were doing stuff. I was in Bagram for a while watching flags from 16 nations fly as NATO counterparts for the "multi-national force" but some of them were completely unaccounted for.

Tombstone -- One of my favorite movies! The world would be a safer place if justice was still delivered "old west" style.

Round up as many of them as you can find, all the ones on any watch list then drop them and their family back into Syria free of charge.

Then Drop the bomb on them all.

I have said since the start, it won't get better untill it gets worse.

The Russian plane bombing and Paris murders were awful but they may be the turning point.

The sad thing is the evil are mixed with the innocent. Blanket bombings may fix the problem
but it also kills many who no more deserve to die than you or I.

Another downside is no amount of force will instantly remove the problem.
If you nuked Siria off the map a small minority of obsessive followers around the world can
still do what they did in Paris / Twin Towers etc etc.

A very complicated problem.

Make their oil useless. Don't let them sell it, ship it or bank. Keep bombing so that they cannot move in strategic or tactical groups on the battle field. Then continue to hunt them down one by one. We cannot fight their war for them, the people in the area have to decide how they want to live and govern themselves. We tried brute force, so did the Russians. Doesn't work on an enemy who welcomes their death and the death of as many of their own people as is necessary to make their point. It's expensive too. I wouldn't be surprised if their long term strategy is to piss us off so we explode a lot of ordinance, and then go broke.

Funny, we need to get off of fossil fuels to save the planet (Hayabusas excepted, of course). These guys are making it a P.I.A. to get to the oil. We have huge reserves elsewhere to allow time to move to more renewable fuels, just a little more expensive. What are we not getting?

its not ever i have thought it good to exterminate a race but these guys are on that list. Trump as far as i am concerned is the next president for me. For once we will have a non politician leading this country and hopefully making it right. Isis and all their sympathizers need to be erased. They have committed atrocities against the human race and have proven they are not civilized. Anywhere and everywhere they go problems arise and social structure is eroded. If i was you and you agree be sure to email your state reps and senators etc. Let them know how you stand and demand they represent the people accordingly.

what race are you talking about?
its not ever i have thought it good to exterminate a race but these guys are on that list. Trump as far as i am concerned is the next president for me. For once we will have a non politician leading this country and hopefully making it right. Isis and all their sympathizers need to be erased. They have committed atrocities against the human race and have proven they are not civilized. Anywhere and everywhere they go problems arise and social structure is eroded. If i was you and you agree be sure to email your state reps and senators etc. Let them know how you stand and demand they represent the people accordingly.

Back