what do i need? I have some parts now

busa-boyd

Registered
if you could help me out here, i have sprayed many of my cars over the years, i have a pair of solenoids for juice and also a fuel one, everything is like new,i sprayed my last car with it maybe 4-5 bottles, I have a few short lines, crap load of pills, throttle switches,arming switches, filters,i have both a dry nozzle and also a wet y nozzle.....i know ill need some 2lb bottles? id be happy with them mounted on the sides, what else do i need? id like to use some of this stuff, i know the kits arent much but why not? its all like new and i know they work......anyone? btw...its a 99busa

It's a holiday weekend so some might not be checking the board.
Can't help you. Don't know much about nitrous.

Pick up a nozzle plate from Smithabusa,use the dry nozzle. Tiger has a bottle mount kit to put the bottle in the hump. For a quick hit run a short line from the nozzle to the solenoid.(i use a 8'' for 1 stage and a 12'' for the other)for a softer hit run a longer line.

If you are going to do a dry system, you will only need some 1/8 poly tubing to run from your nitrous solenoid to the air box, either inside the filter or on the outside *BUT* if you do the outside you have to make sure you spray at the Air Temperature sensor so it can see -40* or so temp which will tell the fuel injectors to richen the mixture, similar to what a cold January day is up here in Canada. You will have to fab or buy a fitting coming out of the nitrous to hold one of the jets,and a push lock fitting for the 1/8 line, or even a compression fitting. The jets come a lot smaller sizing then the car nozzles. starts at around 14 and up to 40 or more. I started with a 20 ..soft and a little noticeable. I just installed a 36 and it power wheelies to the sky, I might go down to 30. Don't forget to check the plugs after !!!! Hope this helps a little, Nitrous is nitrous so be smart about it.Good luck!
race.gif

In short order you will get sick of the plastic lines,funnel jets. Braided -3 line (nozzle to sol.) and flare jets are trouble free. -4 from bottle to sol.

Spraying the sensor will not add enough fuel. Anything beyond a .025 or .026 will need a power commander to bump the fuel up.

In short order you will get sick of the plastic lines,funnel jets. Braided -3 line (nozzle to sol.) and flare jets are trouble free. -4 from bottle to sol.

Spraying the sensor will not add enough fuel. Anything beyond a .025 or .026 will need a power commander to bump the fuel up.
the issue with the tubing verses braided hose was one of my questions, i want something that will be trouble free, im wanting to no less than a 30 shot, prefer a 50 in the end result,can I do this dry safely?...one other, do you guys recommend doing the small mod to the air box?I do have a power commander,and another question..do i have to change to a colder plug?....im guessing some high test and fuel additive wouldnt hurt when im going to spray

Don't get me wrong plastic lines will work. I used a 2 nozzle plastic line set up for a year and a half. When you change a jet and don't tighten it enough it will pop on the first hit,over tighten it and you can crush the line. Over time heat and pressure will fatigue the lines and they will rupture. I just got sick of it and went all braided.

I have a plastic line on my ZX 12,but it is only about 3.5'' long,going on 3 years now. Never had any trouble with it.

Do the small box mod for sure. Anything over a .032 and you will need at the least,heavier clutch springs and a slave support. (billit sprocket cover is the way to go) And a top shelf chain (i use ek zzz's)

High test only with nitrous.

Plugs,it really depends on how much spray you are using and how long you are spraying.
When i was hitting a .040 from 2nd i used colder plugs and pulled 1 or 2 degree's of ignition out.
I went back to the stock plugs with my 2 stage set up and pull 2 degrees with both stages on (.031 and .025)

I use colder plugs and pull 2 out on the 12.

thanks alot...i was worried about the clutch setup, im one that puts miles on my rides, i dont see any point in sitting and starring at them at a bike meet...i ride and beat on them the way they were intended...id buy a harley id i didnt like the power..lol..
so far ive went down a tooth on the front, full exhaust with modded pipe, p-commander, filter, had it tuned , weve pulled some pretty decent numbers out of it,next is the head and im changing the cams, after seeing how much shifting im doing i may go up in the back, i dont ever see myself into a turbo so the juice is going to have to be my start

The Nitrous is a good start!
But be Careful!!
Nitrous is Addictive!
When the bottle is empty, you will have to get more!!!!!

ha! yeah, i know, i sprayed a 250 shot on my car for 80k miles....one tank a week....im serious, i would race a light pole ......lol....anytime anywhere..

Back