What are the symptoms of front tire being

busabrother

Registered
PLease help. I dont know wheter i am crazy but the squeaking from my front wheel is very annoying. BUt now it seems as though my wheel is wobbling, but all my buddies rode it and didnt notice or hear anything? WTF

BB,
Disk brakes squeek. I just happens. Can you get the front wheel off of the ground so as to isolate the noise.
- See if it is present when unloaded (wheel in air)
- see if it is from rotors or bearing.

Bearing should never squeek, if it is, replace immediately!

If rotors, check for glazed (super mirror shiny). You can rough up the pads with some abrasive paper to try to solve it. Just rough them 120 - 180 grit, don't remove any mat'l that will make them uneven in thickness.

You can CAREFULLY scotchbright your rotors to break the glaze.

Front wheel out of balance should show up as a vibration starting @ 30-45mph.

Check rotors to see if they are bent/warped. Front whell in the air & spin it to check. The rotors are supposed to be loose on the rivits when cold.

Good luck!

Under inflated tire, tire cupped, & out of balance can all add to the wobble of the front end. I think Mikey D has you covered for the squeaks.....

Thanks guys, I figured out why I was wobbling. 29 psi in front tire..... DOH!!!
laugh.gif

Holy CRAP Mikey D! How the hell did that happen?
Clueless. Got to work after school (35 mi. ride) and the rear was falt and looked like this. I noticed it a tad (OK a lot!) aquirlly on the clover leaf.

Put a new rim on (yes it was true and dentless) and 2 weeks later the new one looks like this.

Ahhh well, still holds air and I don't have another chunk-o-change for a thrid rim.

R_Wheel_2.JPG

I still can't believe BB hasn't responded to me calling him a NOOB...
laugh.gif

Where you at Bro??
tounge.gif

Hey BB..... keep running that kind of tire psi and not only will it start to cup but, the effort it takes to turn will increase! Once your tire is cupped, vibration will be the least of your problems.....

Back