Squeak, Squeak, Squeak Sqeak coming

busabrother

Registered
from front wheel when i rode yesterday. if i tapped the front brakes it would momentarily go away. but the squeaking was definitely getting on my nerves. any ideas what it could be, there is no vibration from the wheel, nor any pulsation from brakes but the squeak is annoying? tia

is your bike kinda new? I fergit. you might be hearing the front brakes. mine did and does that sometimes too. when I posted the problem a year ago, many responses said it was nomral and nothing to worry about. I coasted slowly down some hills with the engine off and leaned over helmetless [not recommended] to hear where it was from and it was just the shoes touching the brake plate doo-dad whatsitcalled. sorry if I'm too technical for some of you

Mine is doing the same thing. It's brand new. It is annoying though!

if it's brand new, you may need to give the pads some time to level out. If it's still doing it, it wouldn't hurt to check your rotor integrity and your calipers.

dont they sometimes get like a glaze on them maybe if you take the pads off and ruff them up a little with some 80 grit sand paper it will help i also know with my truck if i spray cleaner on the wheels and it oversprayes on to the disc it will cause them to sqeek for a while
smile.gif

Yeah i hear it when I am riding slowly by a guardrail or sumthin... Been told its just the normal sound of the pads against the rotors. Not really a squeak I hear, mor a rubbing sound. Mines a 99 but practically brand new... I know makes no sense huh?

okay, heres what I did. being an x-mechanic, I scuffed the front rotors, and sanded the brake pads. the squeak went away for one day.
THEN, I went to the dealer I got the bike from, told the service department I want some different pads UNDER WARRANTY, and got a set of $70 EBC pads for free. not a single squeak since!

it is extremely embarrasing to be tooling around town in a beauty of a bike, and squealing like a friggin 1968 Beetle.
mad.gif

But, before you hit up your service department for a set of pads, make sure you do the other steps first.

Back