what are the hoses coming through the underside of the belly pan?

hemi

Registered
some type of fuel tank vent/overflow? Had the bike parked outside in the heat (80-85 deg) for a few hours today, after i filled up this morning, had about 40 miles on the tank so far. Come out to the bike and noticed the hoses had leaked a little bit on the driveway. Looked like a fuel/oil mixture. Is this normal? Was it bc i was on a completely full tank, being outside in the heat for a few hours and the fumes expanded and leak out of the hoses

man that was quick. Think anything's wrong since they leaked a bit? Just installed brocks full system/pc last week, could that have caused anything wrong

Nothing is wrong, they are designed to do just what they did. You put cold fuel into the tank and when it warmed up in the sun it expanded and had to go somewhere.

theyre both from the fuel tank one is breather pipe for the tank to let air in as fuel is drawn out, the other is a drain from the recess around the filler cap and allows fuel to drain away when filling or water when it rains so you never open the fel cap and have a pool of water that will enter the tank.

when flling with fuel and then it gets hot qute possible that a little fuel vapour could condense in the vent pipe and drip a little, f you fill up so much its almost overflowin possible you would get a little more than a drip

aitch:bowdown:

i guess i did top it off pretty far this time, so that's probably the case. I plugged both the tubes so it doesn't happen again:rofl:, just kidding. Thanks for the help, now i can sleep easier tonight haha

Back