Help - gas/oil mix leaking from fuel breather/drain hose

all4sho

Registered
On two separate occasions about three days apart I have gone out to my bike (on front and rear stands) and have had a spot of oil/fuel mixture underneath the fuel breather/drain hoses. The first time I found it I searched the bike everywhere and it was bone dry. Rode to work and it sat all day and....nothing leaked. Two days later I come out to go ride and I have a spot again. The only difference is I filled the tank last night. I have never had a leak before, but now I can see the gas fumes coming out of the breather hose and it has a very slow drip. Anyone know what would cause this and what I should be looking for?

Ok so I opened the lid to the gas tank and it slowed the drip a LOT, but why would pressure cause it to leak when it never has before? And it was not overfilled.

check the vent hose...it might be kinked or clogged
Actually my bike doesn't even have the hoses connected...
The one that's leaking is the short thick nozzle on the left from riders view.i think that's the overflow
correct me if I'm wrong as I'm not positive. The one ont the right is the breather. I did put a hose on it and faced it up n it still leaked. I'm thinking if it is the overflow I'm thinking of plugging it...

Back