gas tank breather or overflow leaking bad!!!HELP

kandy_busa

Registered
So guys heres my problem!
I have a 04 hayabusa custom painted so really would rather repair the tank then buy a new tank.
(hard to match)
im having a gas leak from one of the 2 nozzle coming out of the tank either the overflow or the breather
its the one on the left the shorter one that seems to be leaking.
Heres so pics of what im talking about.
My question is would it be a good idea to put a l fitting and run a hose in a up position so it doesnt leak
or would this be a bad idea for air flow and fume escape if its the breather?
Any & all input and opinions and ideas are greatly appreciated...
Thx in advance guys!!!

2012-10-20 14.20.19.jpg

2012-10-20 14.20.36 (1).jpg

I would wait to see if it stops on it's own. One of my bikes has emitted a translucent waxy lookin glob on a couple occassions....usually after a log ride on a hot day.

ive done that it started as a little drip at first but over the past few months it got worse and recently it just leaked too much to wear i was smelling it during rides. i started to think it might a fire hazard and just figured id park it until i sorted it all out and repaired it.
the puddle of gas on the floor in picture 2 is only from having the tank in the upright position for an hour or less.

i am having the same problem did u ever find out the problem? does anybody know whats going on with this any help would be well welcomed

I couldn't find my manual to confirm this but, I believe the two hoses are vent hoses. One vents fumes from the top of the tank, and the other would vent over flow of fuel. Check your cap and the 0-ring on it. Try leaving the lid open for a night and see if it leaks anything out over night. If that's not the case there is a chance that your inner wall has a hole in it and is letting the gas leak to the outside cavity.

Back