What are the first, five most important mods

then drilled stock pipes,
Huh?
rock.gif
Whadaya mean?

somebody mentioned this one already.. but it's worth repeating..

stainless steel brake lines.. thats the single best mod i've done to my bike in 4 yrs.. that get some HH pads at the least.

it could literally save your life. Plus you'll love the improved braking & feel.

stainless steel brake lines..  thats the single best mod i've done to my bike in 4 yrs..  that get some HH pads at the least.

it could literally save your life.   Plus you'll love the improved braking & feel.
Is it really THAT much of an improvement? I know it helps, but they way everyone seems to play it up I would expect night and day difference. I went to HH pads on my Busa when it was new, but haven't changed the lines. No huge difference. Did a set of lines/HH pads on a friend's Gixxer for him, but didn't notice a huge difference in braking performance and wasn't impressed with the fit.

lessee, I did:

1) stickers
2) reflectors
3) BDE street smart exhaust system (exhaust / air box / PC / pair blockoff)
4) Sportech windscreen (chrome)
5) tankslappers
6) Juggler's mirror extenders
7) EK Chain
8) HID headlight and yellow hi-beam
9) cut fender / flipped license plate holder

stainless steel brake lines..  thats the single best mod i've done to my bike in 4 yrs..  that get some HH pads at the least.

it could literally save your life.   Plus you'll love the improved braking & feel.
Is it really THAT much of an improvement? I know it helps, but they way everyone seems to play it up I would expect night and day difference. I went to HH pads on my Busa when it was new, but haven't changed the lines. No huge difference. Did a set of lines/HH pads on a friend's Gixxer for him, but didn't notice a huge difference in braking performance and wasn't impressed with the fit.
It doesn't makes any difference when you braking as nothing happened and you have plenty of time to prepare to stop.

when/if you HAVE to slow down rapidly then you will notice the difference...
smile.gif
That mod was my second... after warning labels.... I`m glad I did it.

I`d say it not necessary on rear tho... Rear grabs too strong anyway......

TRE does nothing good ... I don`t like it and I can sell it to you for $20 so you can try it and make your own decision...

Guys, I`m not trying to make a buck here, you know it cost more on ebay...

Actually you can donate $20.00 to support this site and I will send it to you .....
smile.gif

When you try it you can sell it to the next guy...
smile.gif

smile.gif

stainless steel brake lines.. thats the single best mod i've done to my bike in 4 yrs.. that get some HH pads at the least.

it could literally save your life. Plus you'll love the improved braking & feel.
Yep, I wish I had known how much lines could do for a bike when I had the big bad bus. My 636 was the first bike I put lines on. Every bike I own from that point forward will get lines as one of the first mods I do.
wink.gif
Haven't done pads yet because for my uses lines give me all I really need. When it's time to replace the pads though I'll give the HH's a shot.

Just a note on this subject. According to what I've heard at the local bike nights from some of the track riders, there are two types of HH pads. There are street HH's and "Kit" HH's. The "Kit" pads only work well at track temps. Everyone says to avoid the "Kit" HH pads for street use... Just an FYI...

It doesn't makes any difference when you braking as nothing happened and you have plenty of time to prepare to stop.

when/if you HAVE to slow down rapidly then you will notice the difference...
smile.gif
That mod was my second... after warning labels.... I`m glad I did it.

I`d say it not necessary on rear tho... Rear grabs too strong anyway......
I agree on the rear... The 636 was the only bike I've been on that didn't feel like it had too much rear brake. It took a real effort to lock the rear on that bike even with a braided line (only put one on because it was required for the install of Attack rearsets. Stock line wouldn't reach.). I liked that. Almost like anti-lock braking and it worked excellent in tighter parking lot speed turns for stabilizing the bike without grabbing.
wink.gif

It made a phenominal difference on my 636. I think the better radial master cylinder on the 636 played a part in how well it felt and performed after the line install.

Made a nice, definitely noticeable difference on Loca as well, but not as dramatic a difference as with the 6. A lot of 10 owners have switched to the 636 radial m/c lately. I'm thinkin' about doin' that next. Man, I loved the 636 front brakes!

My bud's '04 ZX6RR showed a nice difference as well...

But yeah, lines have been well worth the $$$ and hassles of install on the bikes I've put 'em on. You sure you guys got the lines bled on your bud's ride? If there's ANY air left in 'em you won't get the full potential of the lines' benefits. Another trick I got from some racers is to make sure you pull the calipers off and spread the pads out all the way to expel any air/fluid from the piston holes behind the pads before installing new lines and bleeding them or just changing fluid and bleeding the system.

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1132791204 -->

best mod I've ever done for an improvement in the bike..

I dunno how to explain it any better.

you can stoppie the 'busa with one finger if you have the desire.

I had already changed to HH pads... so it was the same pads when I switched lines.. HUGE difference.

best $150 I ever spent.

I wouldn't waste money on the clutch line though.. it actually makes it a bit touchier than it already is.

some guys up there mentioned that doing the rear was also not that important..

it's not really.. I did the whole set up and it is a bit touchy.. but after a few rides you get used to it and everything is back to normal.. just doesn't take nearly as much effort to get the rear brake working at it's optimum level.

Sag, rebound and compression.  

When the suspension is adjusted to your weight and riding style, it will open up a whole new world of fun!

Check your owner's manual or do a search here for some tips on proper set-up!
That's what I thought you meant. Not to detract from what you said, it's good advice, but I don't consider this a mod but more an adjustment.

If I bought a new one next week, the first mod would be a HID headlight!

Well I dunno what exactly your riding preferences are but heres the first 5 I did.....

1.) Removed stickers and reflectors
2.) Replaced windscreen with a Zero Gravity SR Dark smoke
3.) Bought a tank pad from Pro-grip
4.) Yoshimura RS3 race baffle bolt ons (I have to have growl)
5.) Swapped out the factory air filter

Back