What a Great Day!

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
So, having just gotten back from Phoenix last night, I decided to call a short-ride today. It was kind of 'international' in it's makeup...

Marcel (Belgium, Gixxer1k)
Timo (Austria, R6)
Nick "Foxy" (Australia, R1)

then us Americans...Ron (Aussiekeeper), Kyle (Gixxer6) and yours truly.

We split through a common route at 9:30a and after some very nice spanking, ended up deciding how small the world gets at our velocity. :laugh:

Anyway, I snapped off a couple of pix at Lyon's Valley Trading Post...

Hoons at Lyons Valley (1).jpg

Hoons at Lyons Valley (2).jpg

Hoons at Lyons Valley (3).jpg

Sure looks like a great day, alright!!(Wish I was there). Thanks:thumbsup::beerchug:

Beautiful pics Scar. Hopefully I can get back in the saddle again soon and join you and the SOCAL hoons again. Miss ya all!

When your in MO and its 4* outside with a windchill of -colder than hell*-you know what sucks more than seeing that? NOTHING:moon:

:laugh::bowdown::thumbsup: Glad to see your having a good time:beerchug:
BTW how did it come about to have such a great blend of nations:welcome:

After I got back to the house, I checked in on the .oRg, then decided to spend a little time catching up on my sleep. Oh, mang...apparently that was in order! I slept for 2.5 hours or so, to be awakened by the phone ringing and Bubba (sounding like a guy with a new 'busa or something), telling me he was home from getting his replacement 'busa.

Those details aside, I started working on Sponsorship correspondence for the 2010 Stampede...Since my desk faces West, I noticed what was setting up to be a fantastic sunset...

I went out and snapped these to share with you.

Pix are from the lower and mid-level decks...the bamboo gazebo covers the hot-tub, and the most colorful pix are the view of slighly northwest. The one of Point Loma shot shows the "Big Bay," part of Coronado (North Island), and the open ocean.

Adam (d'Hoon) is coming over and he, Haleh and I are going to get Pizza at Oggi's. Mmm Mmm Mmm.

I hope you all had a great day, as well...:beerchug:

Sunset Gazebo.jpg

Sunset Northwest.jpg

Bay Point Loma Ocean.jpg

Sunset Northwest (2).jpg

Sunset Gazebo from Mid Deck.jpg

Nice pics, mang! I was down in SD just yesterday. I should have ridden down so I could catch up with you guys.:thumbsup:

Beautiful pics Scar. Hopefully I can get back in the saddle again soon and join you and the SOCAL hoons again. Miss ya all!

We miss you, too, Derrick. Heal up fast!

This hoo-hah is dragging on far too long.

Scar, where did you guyz ride? Jullian?

We went to Cuyamaca...which is about six miles from Julian.

I sure was thinking about some pie...but we went around the lake instead of into Julian. Kinda chilly up in the 4000' range...definitely had to take into consideration the pavement temps while scootin' about.

Good times!

Here it is 9:30 at night I'm bored , it's 38 degrees in Palm Beach Florida , the game sucks and you had to say PIZZA.......mmmmmmmmmmmm.....munchies......house special or 1/2 roni may I ask ?

Cool pics, looks like a great time and an awesome sunset.
Fl is nice in that way too. So flat you can see a good one just no mtns in the backround.

WoW, great shots, can't wait to get back down to the twisties soon.

Thanks,
Bubba da hoonagain

When your in MO and its 4* outside with a windchill of -colder than hell*-you know what sucks more than seeing that? NOTHING:moon:

:laugh::bowdown::thumbsup: Glad to see your having a good time:beerchug:
BTW how did it come about to have such a great blend of nations:welcome:

Timo, an MD (not that it matters), I met at Bike Night a couple of years ago. He works at Scripps Research Institute.

Marcel, also an MD (also, not that it matters :laugh:), I met one day while out riding. He works at Salk Institute of Biotechnology.

Foxy is a systems engineer at Sea World here in San Diego...met him and an Aussie friend of his at Fun Bike Center one day early last year, and we've been riding together since.

All three of them (in fact all five of the guys I rode with today) are part of SoCalSportBikes...a message forum I started.

Again, good times. :beerchug:

What a great share of pics! The sunset scenes are breathtaking and you did a great job capturing the feeling.

As far as your great ride....SoCal Hoons are so spoiled :poke: You guys have it made out there!
And what great news that a certain MIA Hoon by the name of Bubba da Hoonagain has found his way back into the sport & aboard another Busa :thumbsup:

Life is good indeed :beerchug:

Thanks for sharing again Scar. I always enjoy the pics you have to put up. Looks like a lot of fun.:thumbsup::beerchug::thumbsup:

What a great share of pics! The sunset scenes are breathtaking and you did a great job capturing the feeling.

As far as your great ride....SoCal Hoons are so spoiled :poke: You guys have it made out there!
And what great news that a certain MIA Hoon by the name of Bubba da Hoonagain has found his way back into the sport & aboard another Busa :thumbsup:

Life is good indeed :beerchug:

Spoiled, we are. :laugh:

...and thanks for the props, B. :beerchug:

Back