What’s your favorite winter Olympic event?

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
Not an actual event but I really like the opening ceremony showcasing each country, their flag and their athletes. Kinda funny seeing the population of a country and how many athletes they’ve sent. India for example has 1.3 billion people and sent only one athlete. Doesn’t it snow anywhere in India?:laugh: Canada has over 30 million and sent over 200 athletes. It’s also surprising to see how many countries represented that I’ve never heard of. As for the actual events, I like the ice skating racers, downhill skiers, ski jumps and the bobsleds, luge racing too. I feel sorry for the Chinese women leading each country into the arena having to carry a large ‘snowflake’ with the country’s name on it…over their head for the entire walk. Saw Putin sitting alone, snoozing.:confused:

I like hockey...(I liked it more when the juniors were playing over the NHL guys).

The snowboarding was interesting too...some of the tricks they do are pretty incredible.

And I like the biathlon too....lots of skill there...

I think they should have snow shoveling as a winter event....the athletes can practice on my driveway any time they like.

What do the US folks think of the young lady who was born and raised there who moved to China and changed her citizenship?

I certainly don't know why anyone would want to move to that communist country other than a boat-load of money.

What do the US folks think of the young lady who was born and raised there who moved to China and changed her citizenship?

I certainly don't know why anyone would want to move to that communist country other than a boat-load of money.

In a world where men are better at being a woman than women are,it makes perfect sense that the best athlete the Chinese have representing them in the Olympics is an American....LOL

All kidding aside,she has betrayed the U.S. Olympic team and everyone who has supported and trained her......And for what?.....$$$$$$$$$?

Maybe I'm being to hard on her,she is very young and betraying the U.S.A for the almighty $$$$ is very popular these days.

How many are there? :crazy:

A US-born figure skater, who gave up her citizenship to compete for Communist China, got relentlessly attacked on the Chinese social media platform “Weibo” after taking a hard fall and finishing last in her Olympic debut.

Zhu Yi (born Beverly Zu), 19, took a couple of hard falls on the ice on Sunday.

“I’m upset and a little embarrassed,” Zhu said after her poor performance, according to Reuters. “I guess I felt a lot of pressure because I know everybody in China was pretty surprised with the selection for ladies’ singles and I just really wanted to show them what I was able to do, but unfortunately I didn’t.”

I really like the downhill slalom skiers. They haul azz! The high ski jumpers are great too, flying around 60-70 mph until they land way down hill! The slalom racers are skiing in the 60-70 mph range over several tight turns and then some faaast narrow sweepers, getting air more than a few times. Must be a kick to be that capable on skis. The luge pilots men and women must have a very large pair to lay down on a tiny rack over two steel blades and rush up to 80 mph down a steep narrow ice tunnel with several back and forth ice covered banked corners. WOW!

My wife had figure skating on last night...I came in from being outside to hearing that music to going into the rec room to watch TV...

I don't know why or how they can be competitive skating to that elevator music...

Seriously, this could be one of those geopolitical Olympics that rings on in history. China emerging as an economic leader, the oppressive security due to COVID, and the public outing of a partnership between Putin and Xi. It's all a clear declaration that authoritarian rule is on the up and democracy is on the decline. It's all strangely reminiscent of the 1936 games...

Seriously, this could be one of those geopolitical Olympics that rings on in history. China emerging as an economic leader, the oppressive security due to COVID, and the public outing of a partnership between Putin and Xi. It's all a clear declaration that authoritarian rule is on the up and democracy is on the decline. It's all strangely reminiscent of the 1936 games...
I was thinking that myself....

The new cold war which will include China as a Russian Ally....nothing new though, China has used Russian military advisors for years.

Everyone seems to forget the hoards of Chinese troops descending on South Korea fighting Allied troops or the Chinese and Russian advisors in Viet Nam or the Russian backed insurgents in Syria and Iraq fighting US troops.

Or the US backed Mujahedeen in Afghanistan...

The battle of the superpowers has been covertly waging for years

1 Short track relay speed skating
2 curling
3 skiing long jump

Cheers
ken

The snowboard events were pretty good.

The wife and I watched the one race where the girl landed on the back of the Canadian girl and the Canadian worked her way to finish and get a medal....

Back