Wet and black spark plug

kevin567

Registered
I picked up my 07 Busa last week and changed her plugs today. I found that one of them (the second cylinder from the left if sitting in the saddle) was wet and much darker than the other three.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Someone mentioned that it might be the fuel rail being stuck open.

Thanks...

I would have guessed a bad injector. A good cleaner might do the trick though. It will be interesting to see what someone who knows what they are doing guesses.

Yup, you have a problem. I doubt any cleaner will work. You might need a new injector. Someone with the correct equipment will have to check it out. It could be a lot of things. Good Luck!

Could be lots of things. Bad plug, bad connection, bad coil, stuck injector ...........

I think that plug needs to be potty trained like the rest. :laugh:

Looks like you have some good guess work going, good luck on your search.

Wonder what would happen if you swapped the injector to another cylinder?

I think that plug needs to be potty trained like the rest. :laugh:

Looks like you have some good guess work going, good luck on your search.

Wonder what would happen if you swapped the injector to another cylinder?

I was thinking ride it a little and pull the plug. If the new plug is wet , time to start swapping things around to see if the problem follows. Not just the injector, but the coil pack too.

I have the same problem on my '00. Same cylinder even. I am pretty convinced it's a sticking/dirty injector, and will be removing all 4 to take in for testing and cleaning. I'll report back what I find hopefully mid week.

Back