Changing Spark Plugs

SNakez9

Registered
Hi All,

This is my first post, glad to be a part of the community. I am not much of a mechanic and I own a 2000 busa with 3500 miles on it. It is having trouble starting, no error codes, i can hear the fuel pump turning on, good battery charge, it keeps trying to turn over but wont fire. I decided to try and change the spark plugs and wanted to know if anyone could detail the steps to do that. Any help would be great!! thanks all!

Hey bro
welcome.gif
to the Org. try this. It's a link to a downlowdable service manuel!

This is not "busa" specific but covers some basics that might help keep you out of trouble..

Linky

welcome.gif
To the family.

I haven't changed mine yet either. but i believe you just lift the tank, remove airbox and they should be right there. then follow the linky that Mr. Bogus gave you for some important tips
ThumbsUp.gif

welcome.gif
To the family.

I haven't changed mine yet either. but i believe you just lift the tank, remove airbox and they should be right there. then follow the linky that Mr. Bogus gave you for some important tips
ThumbsUp.gif
That's pretty much it...I changed mine and believe it or not, the bike ran afterwards
laugh.gif

Use the manual and you're good to go...welcome to the oRg!!!
thumb_up.gif

Just did mine...got them from Advantage Auto Parts.  Pretty easy.  Just follow the manual.

+1 on getting your plugs from a parts store. You'll save a bundle.

--Wag--

Hey all, so I changed my 4 plugs out over the weekend (not all that difficult, thanks for all the tips) and she started right up!!! I also took it out of the garage, snapped some pictures, and rode it around the block, it felt great. Thanks again all, these boards are awesome!

Just did mine again too, cause I thought it was starting a bit rough, and the km's are up there. Just a reminder, use compressed air to blow out around the plug holes BEFORE you remove them, to keep sand and dirt from falling into your cylinders.

Back