Spark Plugs

Busa204

Registered
Just wondering how easy it is to change out the spark plugs. It's that time to get it done & was looking to doing it myself. Also, which kind should I replace the stock with?

You can't need plugs on your Busa yet?? With your set up stick with stock plugs. You do not need any colder or hotter.

Thanks N.E.....I went out today & changed them out. Bike is running better. I also put in the TRE finally.

I'm going to check them this week can someone tell me the socket size so I can make sure I have it before I take the plastic off? Do they come out the normal counterclockwise? Also can you reach them all from one side of bike? Any other tips? Thanks,

I forget the socket size, but it's the narrow one (5/8" ?). You'll have to raise the tank and remove the airbox. It's not as bad as it sounds. The only tricky thing is that the plugs are recessed way down deep, so be sure to have one of those long grabber tools (booger puller) with the expandable claw. You'll need it to pull the plugs out of the head after you've carefully unscrewed them via the socket & long extension.

I got the plugs at the local automotive parts store for about $2.46 each. I didn't even check with my wonderful local dealer...

I forget the socket size, but it's the narrow one (5/8" ?). You'll have to raise the tank and remove the airbox. It's not as bad as it sounds. The only tricky thing is that the plugs are recessed way down deep, so be sure to have one of those long grabber tools (booger puller) with the expandable claw. You'll need it to pull the plugs out of the head after you've carefully unscrewed them via the socket & long extension.

I got the plugs at the local automotive parts store for about $2.46 each. I didn't even check with my wonderful local dealer...
Thanks for the tips! I'm going to search for my tool that arnold used in total recall
biggrin.gif

Back