Went to the gun show today.. Bought a new flashlight...

Google the charger or go to candlepowerforums and look it up. I've had some chargers that continued to charge and would burn up batts. The best thing to do is check the charge in the batts with a multimeter. Then you know.

Edit* These were also "smart chargers". I just want to make sure you get the full bang for your buck, Cap.

Google the charger or go to candlepowerforums and look it up. I've had some chargers that continued to charge and would burn up batts. The best thing to do is check the charge in the batts with a multimeter. Then you know.

Edit* These were also "smart chargers". I just want to make sure you get the full bang for your buck, Cap.

It was one of the things that we discussed from the manufacturers, thats why the color changes... the batteries are cool to the touch when the light changes too...

I hear ya Cap. Mine changes colors too and does a good job of charging correctly. However, I'll still see the voltage creep up a little higher than expected.

I just like to check my batts with a meter to see if the charger is doin it's job.

Once I establish a baseline and know its safely charging and maintaining batts, then I just randomly spot check. Plus it tells me when a batt isn't performing to full capacity anymore.

Cap

What chargers and batteries did you end up with? My light should be here this week. ;) I need something other than the box of cr123s I have put back for it.
I'm looking at the Pila and 4sevens chargers.

The LED stuff coming out today is amazing. Looks like that flashlight uses a single CREE XM-L LED. I have a set of Quad CREE XML LED driving lights on the bike, and the light output is incredible. Total of 8 CREE XML T6 LED's - 3000 Lumens each :thumbsup:

Here's a pic of them on at about 20-30% power during the day - they really improve visibility. At night, when you crank them up to 100%, they are insane :laugh:

IMG_0702.JPG

Cap

What chargers and batteries did you end up with? My light should be here this week. ;) I need something other than the box of cr123s I have put back for it.
I'm looking at the Pila and 4sevens chargers.

Rick I just saw your post... I have the Ultra Fire Charger and batteries..

Take a look at the 511 light for life... Its LED and has no batteries!!!! It puts out 200 lumens of light for an hour but will last much longer at the lower power setting. IT WILL CHARGE FROM DEAD TO FULL CHARGE IN 90 sec! on 12 volts... It charges up capacitors in the flashlight, it does not use batteries....

830 lumens, thats sweet, im gonna have to pick one up or get one like Pashnit is selling.

Back