hooken203

Donating Member
Registered
Went to the strip today bike runs good driver sucks
60ft 1.996
1/8 7.014 110.69
1000 ft 8.952
1/4 10.598
I thought it would run better but alot of it was my fault. To long to get it to WOT and to late on shifting.
Do any of you guys that drag race lower it with the upper TT bracket and use the stap to hold it down more. I saw guys doing that way today is why I ask.
16/42 gear BDE/hindle done now

Pict0039.jpg

damn, dood. I wish I could race at your track. Over here, we can't race unless we got full leathers.

And they say our trip is NHRA certified.

Yeah...certified my a$$...

Second time.It was a test and tune day so they let me run without leathers or a kill switch. I gota work on getting that stuff.

That is actually not bad for jsut starting. Timing will pull you in the high 9'2. practice practice...

man call me up next time.... I'll have to give you my #

I woulda went with ya.... I was wondering if people were gonna go today... MAY 15th is an all night race thing. Grudge racing...

I told ya I was going out there. The wind out there was something else. I was looking for ya. There was 5 other bikes out there. new r1 1 busa 1 12 1 gsxr1000 1 r6 they were all together. From down by Eddyville

you're telling me I made a trip to CR to spaz's on my bike and I was leaning into the wind at about a 35 degree angle the whole way...... was a VERY new experience in my book to be riding with 50mph gusts hitting you from the side.

That is pretty good, that is better than I did on my 1st and 2nd time out the best that I could do was a 10.9

What gear are you in when you go through the traps? I run a 17/42 and it's damn near perfect for me. Usually people run a 40 or lower rear with a 16 front.

You'll get better and bettr the more you go...Problem is the track is like crack...After the first hit your always searching for that high...Your on the right track just keep going...
evil.gif

That sounds plenty good for one of the first times (or second). I've heard of folks not breaking into the 10's on a Busa.

Keep yer chin up camper!
biggrin.gif

And remember, practice, practice, practice!

Just into 4th gear at the end. Thats not the end that I need to work on I need better R/T and 60 ft and 330. After that its just like another ride to work.
You can bet I will make low 10s just gota burn more gas at the strip

Yeah the 60 is where it's at...And burning more gas equates into more practice...
evil.gif

hooken that's a great time! congrats! looks like great fun! I want in on that action next time too! Where's this 1/4 mile at?? There's an 1/8 south of me but that sounds like a waste of time. When you guys setup another drag day, let me know! I'll come up and show you how a REAL drag n00b sucks!!
smile.gif

haha. how sad.. your stomped my time by a half second and your complaning.. i'm such a weinie!

.. it was my first time, but still.... the bad part is I actually had a little better 60' than you... i'm doin' something wrong.

For those of you looking to improve your 1/4-mile times, look in the RACING section and check out some of my posts from last season.

I put everything I learned from Day-one of racing the Busa in my posts. Starting out running 10.5's all the way to breaking in the 9.9's (close to) BONE STOCK! You can do it BONE STOCK but I got anxious to get in the 9's!
tounge.gif

hooken203,

If you don't plan to keep your bike lowered for everyday riding, you don't need a TT plate. Stick with a strap to yank the front end down. Also you can really only lower the front a little over 1" with the Triple Tree safely.

You can go lower but if you look at the forks tubes as they go down, the size changes. Your forks won't tighten to the appropriate specs and if you smack the front end down hard, you could shove the forks up and break a lot of stuff.

I am not saying it will be any easier on the bike, (slamming it down hard) with the strap but there really isn't a need for a TT and a strap when you could just save the TT money and use only a strap.

As far as your times, they aren't bad but you can definately GO FASTER!
wink.gif

You really need to get your 60' and 330' down. With just 3-tenths off your 60', that puts you in the 9.8-.7 range. Just keep launching harder until either the front end starts to come up or the back tire starts to spin. Adjust your riding style from there.

Let us know when you break into the 9's!
biggrin.gif

Josh
pirate.gif

who did your sig btw?? I love the look of the reflected falcon in the mirror'd visor...

Back