Went to a funeral today

I guess it would be a couple of things:

1. My 1 year-old son Lars.
2. The knowledge that I'm a better Father and Husband than my dad was, and the hope that my son would be better than me...

I guess it would be a couple of things:

1.  My 1 year-old son Lars.
2.  The knowledge that I'm a better Father and Husband than my dad was, and the hope that my son would be better than me...
Right On...

Whre did the name Lars Come from?

Come on tell me it's Metallica influenced...

Good name though, and I hear you about the Dad thing...I am still to scared of kids to take the plunge...

Monster Don't sweat the Doughnuts...I gotta watch my girlish figure anyway...Thanks...

Anyone seen Bob...???

This last year has been the worst of my entire life.

That said, there are two things that I hold to and believe to the bottom of my heart.

1. Good things happen to good people.
B. Nothing happens by chance.

No matter how bad things may seem, I know I will have my wife and two sons by my side. I couldn't ask for anything more meaningful than that.

This last year has been the worst of my entire life.

That said, there are two things that I hold to and believe to the bottom of my heart.

1. Good things happen to good people.
B. Nothing happens by chance.

No matter how bad things may seem, I know I will have my wife and two sons by my side.  I couldn't ask for anything more meaningful than that.
Sorry to hear about yer terrible year Wall.......great to see you're maintaining a positive attitude though.
Hope everything changes for ya soon.
Bill

Sorry to hear about yer terrible year Wall.......great to see you're maintaining a positive attitude though.
Hope everything changes for ya soon.
Bill
Thanks. I appreciate it.

Things are changing for the better. It's hard to wait on them sometimes though. To tell the truth, a lot of the things that went wrong are being fixed in a way that is better than before. My family members that were hurt are all ok. Some problems just need money thrown at them. Other problems weren't as important as they seemed in the first place.

Right On...

Whre did the name Lars Come from?  

Come on tell me it's Metallica influenced...

Good name though, and I hear you about the Dad thing...I am still to scared of kids to take the plunge...
You know it baby! I used to really like Metallica!

Rock on! (note the avatar change...)

man this is a good thread. It's humbling to see others open up and get to see a more personal side to everyone. I appreciate everyone sharing their experiences with me, and this is what life is all about. Through all the tough times and sh*tty problems we all have to deal with, there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

As riders we should take the extra effort to tell more people how we feel, give your wife/kids/friends/parents/siblings an extra hug, and tell them you love them. We participate in a hobby that can take our life in a heartbeat, so we need to live every minute to its fullest, not just the few hours we're on our bikes.

This is a great thread, I really appreciate everyone sharing their experiences with me, hearing your experiences makes me cherish life even more

Mike

I like BEER....BEER is good . I am thankfull that I have a job , and can purchase BEER . I would like a better job , so that I could buy even more BEER , but that is just a dream .

I am very thankfull for the friends that I have , especially the ones that bring BEER when they come to visit . I am extremely thankfull for my loving family... well the BEER drinkin' one's anyway.... my son is only 14 , but he likes to drink BEER . My daughter is only 9 . My wish is that she too...will like BEER . One day I hope to buy my own brewery.
Then I could sit in my office all day....taste-testing BEER.

Anyways , all this chit-chat has me thinkin'....thinkin' an' thirsty....for , you guessed it....

drink.gif
drink.gif
drink.gif
..... BEER

drink.gif

drink.gif

I like BEER....BEER is good .  I am thankfull that I have a job , and can purchase BEER .  I would like a better job , so that I could buy even more BEER , but that is just a dream .

I am very thankfull for the friends that I have , especially the ones that bring BEER when they come to visit . I am extremely thankfull for my loving family... well the BEER drinkin' one's anyway....   my son is only 14 , but he likes to drink BEER . My daughter is only 9 . My wish is that she too...will like BEER .   One day I hope to buy my own brewery.
 Then I could sit in my office all day....taste-testing  BEER.

Anyways , all this chit-chat has me thinkin'....thinkin' an' thirsty....for , you guessed it....

drink.gif

drink.gif

drink.gif
   .....  BEER
Heh, Beer....And Sambuca!

Hows your ride bro? Get the fueling tweeked yet?

drink.gif

drink.gif

I like BEER....BEER is good .  I am thankfull that I have a job , and can purchase BEER .  I would like a better job , so that I could buy even more BEER , but that is just a dream .

I am very thankfull for the friends that I have , especially the ones that bring BEER when they come to visit . I am extremely thankfull for my loving family... well the BEER drinkin' one's anyway....   my son is only 14 , but he likes to drink BEER . My daughter is only 9 . My wish is that she too...will like BEER .   One day I hope to buy my own brewery.
 Then I could sit in my office all day....taste-testing  BEER.

drink.gif

drink.gif

drink.gif
   .....  BEER
Heh, Beer....And Sambuca!

Hows your ride bro?  Get the fueling tweeked yet?
I think she's ready to dance Rev . Time to "Kick the Tires" an' "Light the Fires".....
TIME TO LET THE BIG DOG EAT .

hee hee hee......

drink.gif

drink.gif

Ha...I found the proof of the squishy side to all you big teddy bears!

It's great to read about all of you guys...it really is...(and don't you just love that I brought this thread back to the top?!)

What am I most proud of in my life?  I have my two little boys that give me so much pleasure and have made me so proud...nothing beats having kids...nothing comes close to the joy that they give me...my husband and I can't remember life before kids, and can't imagine life without them now...

A great husband, wonderful friends, close family...and I'm lucky that I have all of my grandparents at the age of 33...I cherish the time I have with everyone...
smile.gif

Oh, and rubbersidedown, I can't decide if you're more like Homer Simpson or my husband?!  BEER...

monsterspeedfreak - so sorry about your loss...I too lost someone close to me (on a Honda) at the age of 24...I'd known him since he was 5...

Ha...I found the proof of the squishy side to all you big teddy bears!

It's great to read about all of you guys...it really is...(and don't you just love that I brought this thread back to the top?!)

What am I most proud of in my life?  I have my two little boys that give me so much pleasure and have made me so proud...nothing beats having kids...nothing comes close to the joy that they give me...my husband and I can't remember life before kids, and can't imagine life without them now...

A great husband, wonderful friends, close family...and I'm lucky that I have all of my grandparents at the age of 33...I cherish the time I have with everyone...
smile.gif

Oh, and rubbersidedown, I can't decide if you're more like Homer Simpson or my husband?!  BEER...

monsterspeedfreak - so sorry about your loss...I too lost someone close to me (on a Honda) at the age of 24...I'd known him since he was 5...
Oh crap.....you did find the proof.......oh well......don't rub it in please!!!

I here ya bout yer little boys.......very, very, cute.... can't wait to have kids.......probably try next year.

RSD is deffinately the Homer type.....short fat li'l balding guy with a monster gut
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

Very sorry to hear of yer loss also VA........the longer you know someone the harder it is to try and get over the loss.
You knew him for 19 years.....must have been extremely hard......I can't even imagine.......that's a very long time!!!!

You have a great weekend VA........stay safe!!!
smile.gif
thumbs-up.gif

tounge.gif

smile.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, NOT the SUpport Group Thread again....AHHHHHHH!!!!!!

DO I havta?
rock.gif

Well I'm not gunna...

So there....:p

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, NOT the SUpport Group Thread again....AHHHHHHH!!!!!!

DO I havta?
rock.gif

Well I'm not gunna...

So there....:p
Give it a rest tuff guy......yer not all that!!!!!
jump9.gif
What?  Maybe I don, wanna expose my sensitive underbelly...

And how do you know I am not all that?  I might be?  WHAT?
rock.gif
It could happen...

Umm...I am not really sure what the hell I am talking about
either....

OK You want a bit of truth... My Cat that I had since I was 14 died a couple weeks ago. She was supposed to be my Moms cat but she kinda adopted me. The little kitten crawled into my bed her second night in the house, curled up above my head and had slept there for the last 18 years. She came with me to College, she came with me when I was stationed in Omaha, and she made the trip with me and the wife three years ago to Tampa.

I know she was just a cat, but she was probably my most reliable buddy. Allways there, curled up at the head of the bed, or next to me on the couch. She would come when called, and she was allways extremely vocal "talked a lot".

I am just now getting to where I do not keep trying to lay out food for her, looking for her when I get home from work, or reaching for her when I am sleeping.

She had a stroke, and was no longer able walk properly or get up on the bed. Years ago that was the deal I had made, the yardstick if you will, of cat health, when she couldn't get up on the bed and couldn't really enjoy life then it would be time. Well, I guess it was time...
down.gif
That same evening she took her last trip to the vet.

rock.gif

Wow. Ya'll really are squishy!
ices_rofl.gif

I guess I might as well ooze with ya.

The thing I'm most proud of is the fact that I learned to appreciate my Father while I still have him. I was not so fortunate with my Mother. I am who and what I am today because of my Mother. While Dad was working his a$$ off to give me a nice place to live and all the necessities (and some great toys) Mom dedicated 150% of every second of her life to make sure that I was taken care of and that I had anything I needed. She made sure that I was the smartest kid in any of my school classes by spending whatever amount of time it took to help me learn what I needed to learn. She worried about me when I was too stupid to worry about myself. She had my back every step of the way and wouldn't have hesitated for a second to fight a grizzly bear empty handed if it messed with me.

Unfortunately, I lost her to bone cancer before I was smart enough to realize just how much she had done for me. My biggest regret is that she won't get to physically hold my kids, if I ever have any. I know she'll be there with me and she'll see them through my eyes. Still...

I'd trade my busa and every other worldly possession I have just for one more hug and a chance to thank her in person for everything she's done. I've made peace with her through God and I know that everything is right but what I wouldn't give for that one single hug.

Again, I'm so proud that I have realized how much my Dad means to me while I still have him. I meet him for lunch just about every day that I'm not working and spend all the time I can with him. I thank God every day that I learned to appreciate him before losing him.

If I went today the thing I'd be most proud of would be the relationship I have with my family. My Dad, my two sisters and the rest of the extended family are what really matter to me now. All the other is just fluff...

Ok, I'll quit oozing now. Back to the tough guy act.
wink.gif

Back