Went for a group ride Saturday

dm_gsxr

Weirdo Freak
Donating Member
Registered
Sorry
smile.gif
I'm a member of a couple of other forums as I'm sure others here are. I'm also on a couple of mailing lists. One of the lists had a nice ride scheduled for Saturday.

We left Loveland CO, headed up to Poudre Canyon Road then to Cameron Pass. From there we went to Walden then north to Wyoming and Saratoga for lunch. We then backtracked a tad and went east over Snowy Range Pass and down to Centennial. Then to Laramie, south on 287 to Ft. Collins and then back home.

For a complete report with pictures and everything
smile.gif

http://www.hobgoblinconsulting.com/css/touring.html

Enjoy.

Carl

(I haven't seen many ride reports here and am not sure how welcome they are so I'm posting in Off Topic. Especially since I was the only 'busa representing in the group. There were a couple of Blackbirds though
smile.gif
)

smile.gif

smile.gif

Nice...man, you've got every ride documented!
cool.gif
I saw a link to Westminster and thought of when I lived there...I was just a kid, but I still remember it well...I miss CO, but not the snow...
tounge.gif

Glad you were there to represent the Busa crowd!
smile.gif

Oh, btw...tons of ride reports are posted up in both the General and Random forums...you did just fine...
blush.gif

Nice...man, you've got every ride documented!
cool.gif
I saw a link to Westminster and thought of when I lived there...I was just a kid, but I still remember it well...I miss CO, but not the snow...
tounge.gif

Glad you were there to represent the Busa crowd!
smile.gif
Weellll, not quite fully documented and there are some broken links. I seem to be able to get a day ride documented easier than a multi-day ride. With the new format, I'll be going through the site and verifying the links and adding info to accomodate the new stuff I'm learning about (Cascading Style Sheets; hence the css directory
smile.gif
)

While I grew up in California, our family moved to Maryland when I was in the 11th grade. Interesting changing high schools during the last year, but not that big a deal. 14 schools in 12 years
smile.gif

We moved here to Colorado last April after living in the DC area for almost 30 years. I really like the snow and the traffic here is not to be believed (compared to NoVA traffic
smile.gif
)

Oh, btw...tons of ride reports are posted up in both the General and Random forums...you did just fine...
blush.gif
[/QUOTE]

Obviously I don't spend as much time here as I do other places but I am increasing my presence just a little.

Thanks.

Carl

smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

14 schools in 12 years! Wow, talk about having to adjust...parents in the military?

Well, broken links or not, you do better than I do with documenting rides! I forget the camera...
tounge.gif

I checked out a few other links...love seeing the mountains...I DO miss those...
smile.gif

14 schools in 12 years! Wow, talk about having to adjust...parents in the military?
Yep. Dad was in the Navy. I have a listing of all the houses I've lived in over the years. I think I'm up to 44 addresses but I'll have to check it out. I'm not sure I updated it for the move to Colorado or the month I was in Greece last year.

Well, broken links or not, you do better than I do with documenting rides! I forget the camera...
tounge.gif
[/QUOTE]

The nice thing about the 'stich is the pocket in the right arm is exactly the right size for my camera (Nikon CoolPix) so it's even easier to get pics. I want to get a mount though so I can get even more and possibly mount a camera. One of the guys over on the Sport-Touring site has a helmet cam as well as one mounted on the bike and he has some awesome video.

I checked out a few other links...love seeing the mountains...I DO miss those...
smile.gif
[/QUOTE]

It wasn't until I met my wife in '99 that I regained my senses and rediscovered my love for mountains. I did quite a bit of hiking when I lived in California and enjoyed the mountains much more than the ocean. When I got to the DC area, it was all suppressed. Rita dragged me back to Denver a couple of times, first to retrieve her (we met on-line) then visiting her daughter, then skiing (she introduced me to skiing; now I'm dragging her to the back country
smile.gif
) and she finally convinced me that we could make it out here.

Sure enough, I've started my own consulting company and am enjoying the heck out of riding my bikes out here. Hiking back in the country has brought back memories of when I was a kid and now, as you've seen, we're buying 40 acres up near Ft. Collins.

A woman to love, a Hayabusa to ride, and mountains to climb. What could be better?

Carl

smile.gif

You sound very content Carl...THAT'S rare anymore...good for you!
cool.gif

My Dad was in the Air Force, so we moved from CO to WA to HI to FL...then back to CO before he got out of the military...we move to VA when I was 9, so I'm told it's official, I'm not really considered a "come here" anymore...luckily for me though, most of that moving was done before I even went to school...
blush.gif

Back