went down, now bike wont start..please help.....

bryztheman

Registered
I have an 06 busa,that I crashed last week, was cut off by a suv that came in my lane around a corner, had no choice but to go down, just finished a custom paint job on the bike!! layed it down on right side ,and slid into a small tree, shattered headlamp and front faring. but bike wont start after.. I replaced the tip over sensor, and found a burnt wire on the voltage reg, so I replaced it also, when I turn the key, the gauges come on and swing, but starter does not click, and fuel pump does not run, I checked all fuses, and looked for broken wires,, could it be a ecu problem??? please help!!?????????

Kill switch, kick stand switch and clutch switch has to function in order to start. Check them all.

Are you sure your kill switch on your handle bar doesn't have issues as far as broken wire or internal conection? If your kill switch isn't set to run your pump won't run.

Man that's the pits. Did the suv have insurance? If so, get their insurance to fix it all the way 100%. Are you ok, not busted up are ya? Man, I run a small camera from walmart for $39 and it would show what happens all the time.

Thanks, took apart the kill switch, found a cut wire , fixed it , and started right upp!! Happy, happy!! will save lots of money not having to take it in to the shop!!

Suv did not stop, but I had full coverage ins . with geico.. They totaled it, but I bought it back for $1500, and still got $6000. for another bike.. I cracked two ribs, hurt leg a little, but Im getting better,, Thanks Geico was awesome!! would have got another $2000 if I wouldhave got the custom paint appraised!!

The SUV totaled your bike and didn't stop :banghead: What a low life jerk. Maybe drunk or suspended license. Still no excuse to not stop.
We all have to take responsibility for our actions - even the bad ones.

It seems like maybe we should all equip ourselves with video cameras so as to protect ourselves.

Do you have a picture of the damaged bike?
Are you going to repair it back to life?

What city do you live in?

Back