07 went down, now everytime the fans try to kick on the fuse blows

mondo

Registered
I low sided on the left side. Put the bike back together the next day and went back out to ride. It wasn't long before the bike was over heating in traffic. I lost some coolant out the overflow when I went down but I topped it off and checked the level in the radiator before riding. Now everytime the bike reaches the temp to cut the fans on the fuse blows. Please help! I can't find the wiring schematics or any resources I need to fix this issue. Any help is greatly appreciated.

If you need just the schematic, I can scan and upload it for ya.

I would go through and check all the wiring connectors. The wiring for the fan in on the left side just behind the 3 bolts that hold the upper and side fairing together. I would start there and see if maybe the connectors are just not making good contact (possibly one of the wires may be backing out of the coupler). If this is the issue, you may have an intermittent short issues causing the fuse to pop.

Possible pin hole in the radiator and or the piping. Is the fan running at all? It might be trying to make up the heat and just heating the fan motor until it trips the fuse.

Thanks guys for the quick reply. I went to test to see if the fan would kick on with straight battery power. It wouldn't. I figured since the signal side of the circuit was telling the fan to come on at the right temp then the relay and everything else was fine and it was just the power side of the circuit. When I pulled the fan off the fan shroud was bent in just enough to hit the fan blades causing the fan to draw too much amperage and blow the fuse. With a little "massaging" of the shroud I put it back on and the fan cycled on at the designated temp. and all is good on the Busa now. Thanks again fellas.

Back