2005 busa wont start PLEASE HELP

NORTHERN BUSA

Registered
2005 BUSA 28K was running awesome than started dying out on the highway but would fire back up.. well yesterday I was riding and it shut off and wouldn fire back up. the bike has has had a tune and I read up that it could be a bad ecu so I swapped ecus with my 04 and nothing changed.... I pull clutch in put kick stand up kill switch is on key is on everything lights up and works EXCEPT FUEL PUMP AND HEAT GAUGE GOES ALL THE UP TO HOT. I ALSO GET NO STARTER ACTIVITY..? any suggestions?.

It seems like there was another post like this. Download the free service manual. The temp sensor might be bad and that might interlock the fuel pump / starting circuit.

I wasted so much time with the faulty coolant gauge needle, there is a flaw whereby the needle will go all the way into red when you turn the starter switch on/off with ignition on. As soon as you turn ignition on/off the coolant gauge resets.

If the fuel pump cannot be heard priming you where the problem lies...

BB

the bike wont turn over.. nothing from starter etc it almost seems like its in a safety or protect mode.. I tried a different temp sensor also..

if any single sensor is bad or disconnected the fuel pump will not prime. start by testing/swapping sensors since you have another gen1

http://everythinggsxr.com/pdf/hayabusa_99-07.pdf

The only interlock that matches your first post would be the kickstand safety switch. There's a tab on the kickstand that can be bent carefully to make the switch up better and at least one person reported a broken or weak kickstand spring. Obviously check the switch for tightness and make sure it's good. From the drawing on page 422 the switch has a connector and with the stand up that switch looks shorted. Take a look.

I had a similiar issue with my 2000, when it heated up it would die. Wait a few minutes it woiuld fire back up. It endedup being the stator on mine, just a thought.

Back