welp, so much for enjoying those new tires of mine

sweet tea man

Registered
long story short, got my new avon storms on the bike last saturday. 3am thursday night my appendix burst. had surgury thursday afternoon, and will be in the hospital until this upcoming wednesday. then going home for a week of bed rest.

earliest possible time to return to riding is a month......and naturally, wednesday was the FIRST SUNNY day we have had here in 2-3 weeks, and i'm in the hospital:banghead:

was showing no signs of problems with my appendix prior to wednesday. had some muscle pain on my right side but felt more like a pulled muscle.

this sucks

I think riding your bike is the least of your worries with a ruptured appendix.. dang man, that is serious stuff... Glad you are ok...

You say it burst so they did an open appendectomy? That sucks, been there, done that, got the scar! Take it easy for a week or two and you'll be back at in no time. Follow the aftercare instructions to a "T" to reduce scaring and once it's completely healed rub the wound with some vitamin E oil a couple times a day. That to will help reduce scaring.

Been there, done that.... just ship the avons with the Busa and I'll break them in :laugh:

Get well mang :thumbsup:

got 13 staple across the main cut then 4 in my belly button and 5 a little lower. they were going to do it lapriscoptically(SP???) but i had a mass that had formed where it burst so they went in and got it all out instead. couldnt get it out through the original plan with the smaller holes.

so i'm chilling up here with the wife. thank god she brought her laptop. i was geting tired of looking at my screen on the blackberry. haha

Since you are not far from me. I will come and visit you at the house and break the tires in for you. No problem. That way when you get healed up, they are ready for you.:rofl:

Just kidding bro. Glad you are okay and hopr you heal soon. Still might have to plan that trip so we can ride when you heal up.:thumbsup:

With a burst appendix it would make sense to have to open you up more than a regular extraction. Lots of bacteria are released into the abdomen when they let go. Glad you are on the mend.

Doesn't suck that bad, what if you were in B-- F--- Egypt on your bike and it happened and you just thought it was a cramp or flu or something....then it could be life threatening! So it's not too bad this way....get well quick, the roads are waiting. Raydog

Dang Sweet Tea I hate that but if it's any consolation I ain't felt good since january. I got something goin on that I got to get checked out. I hope you do good but don't get back on the bike till the doc says you can. Take care dude and stay in touch.

Sorry to hear, best wishes for a full and quick recovery.

Don't push too hard trying to get back. Let your body heal completely.

bro, since you are not going to be using those front rotors for a while.........

Just kidding I hope you start feeling better soon and heal up quick.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back