Well it seems Congressman Anthony Weiner..

Things like this make me wonder why a woman would ever marry a congressman. It almost seems a right of passage for a politician to do something inappropriate and greatly embarrassing (in some cases, extremely inappropriate). Anyone got statistics on this stuff?

Things like this make me wonder why a woman would ever marry a congressman. It almost seems a right of passage for a politician to do something inappropriate and greatly embarrassing (in some cases, extremely inappropriate). Anyone got statistics on this stuff?

Yes it's a low 99.9% :rofl:

Things like this happen to everyday people. It would be almost impossible to find a person who has not done something to violate the sanctity of marriage, going to a strip club, lusting, white lies and other little secrets. I once heard someone say, “If you are thinking, it you are doing it†when it comes to sins.

In unrelated instances, me and one of my neighbors purchased motorcycles without our wives knowledge. My wife was pretty upset but we stayed together. It didn’t work out the same for my neighbor.

At one time, it was acceptable and even expected for men to have what would be considered poor judgment or indiscretions during a marriage. The line of what would end a marriage was pretty far out there. I remember seeing the interviews at the end of the movie “The Best Little Whorhouse in Texas†where a lot of the women of the town were upset that it was being shut down and their husbands wouldn’t be able to go there anymore. Today, people are expected to get divorced over flirting.

Is this something that should end his marriage? To me it come down to how you value the vows you made to each other. It seems our society has changed “for better or worse, till death do us part†to “I’m out of here at the first sign of trouble or if I can do betterâ€.

As far as his job is concerned, I think lying to save face leads to other issues. His reaction to the scandal is the type of thing bribery is made of. If he is willing to lie over a photo, what would he be willing to do in the face of something much more serious?

All I know is from the moment my wife slipped the ring on my finger during the ceremony almost five years ago I have not taken it off ONCE!
Not for nothing.
Sure I look, sure I post pics of Spanish weatherwomen but there is no way I'd ever do anything that I would not feel comfy doing with her beside me.

I expect our leaders to at least be as good as I.

Back