weight lose for the busa

manatrader

Donating Member
Registered
I want to put my busa on a diet anyone have ideas to shed a few pounds here and there? Any of you have a busa under 500 pound wet? I'm down to about 510 now.

I have come accross a hayabusa website from time to time with busa modifications and one listed is weight loss. He had done quite a bit to his bike and he was able to drop close to a 100 total lbs off the bike... (If I find it, I will post it.)

I think out of all of his mods the rims made the biggest difference in weight for him. He ended up going with a set rims that was much lighter then stock.

Exhaust will save a lot of weight and it looks like you probably did that one.

PAIR MOD removal will save about 3 lbs.

race plastics may save ya a little additional weight as well depending on what you put on it...

If you have a 01 and newer, you could drop 10lbs and go with the aluminum subframe. Had a buddy do that one...

Good luck...

Cloud

talk to nick matina.... aka nick slick. http://www.nickslick.com/

his busa has carbon body work and alot of lightened parts. "Wet Weight with half of a tank of gas is 475.5lbs"

I did the all carbon body and smaller tank, magnesium rims, trimmed all extra clips, fasteners and extra tubes off the subframe, added the turbo with dump pipe, and mine is less than 500 lbs. I am looking for a certified scale large enough to handle it to get an accurate weight.

By switching from stock to the magnesium rims how much do you think you saved? I too would like to weight my bike and see where I'm at right now. I was thinking of going to UPS or Fed Ex they must have something.

Don't mean to hi-jack the thread, but would magnesium wheels be prone to bending or something if I were to, say, bring the nose up of the Busa from time to time?

(BTW: Please anyone that can help, reply to my "Links" thread!)

Saving 10 pounds of weight is worth the cost then, along with going to wave rotors that's a lot 12 or more pounds less of spinning mass. I need to brush up on those physic lessons but that for sure should help out overall speed, and lap times. It would be great to go all carbon, but just don't have that extra $7,000 for all those parts.

Sooooo does anyone know whether or not the mag wheels will bend from wheelies or not?
Forged Mag rims will usually not bend even after continuous wheelies. I had a set on my ZX7RR and it did a significant improvement on lap times and I never had one bend, and I loveto do wheelies.

Hope this helps you out.

Back