Open Poll on weight....

DCar

Registered
OKay I'm looking for opinions on everyones Top Five ways to put your busa on a diet. Trying to shed as much wieght in five steps.

If money is no object...

BST wheels will make a huge difference, CF bodywork will help too, aluminium subframe will shed a few. If its a race bike, take out the headlight, signals, the switches to t control your now absent signals. Yoshi has aluminium tank, I think there may be fiberglass ones too. I think aftermarket swingarms are lighter than stock... umm.... thats all for now. :lol:

1. Full exhaust
2. Lighter wheels
3. Remove PAIR system
4, Race tank (aluminum or CF)
5. lighter battery
6. Replace forks (Ohlins are lighter)
7. Aluminum rear subframe
8. race skins

lighter rider...me...diet...exercise...uhhhhh ok im exhausted typing.

I agree with Chris.

Most of the time, the cheapest weight you can take off the bike is by taking it off the rider! Only running 3/4 gallon of fuel, Exhuast, and Battery should be the next in line.

Id say that a ultra light battery is the bestt bang for the buck after exhaust. Wheels r expensive but will shave several lbs. Remove rear pegs and mounts. Shocks. The list goes on. Its all about the green baby. All about the green.

Good ideas/suggestions so far. But most commonly overlooked/neglected, as chrisjp and Professor have already pointed out: rider weight!! Plus a healthier/more fit rider will also have more physical/mental stamina.

If not going to be used on the street you could delete all the lights and wiring for lights.

Like has been said the best is the rider diet. Cheap too.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Being obese i have no right to ask the bike to loose weight :down: I could stand to loose 130 lbs off the bike, rider that is :down:

Back