Weather Where You Are

You’ve been living at the North Pole too long. Regular ground is dirt, not covered in cement, pavement or snow. :D

I figured when you said "regular ground" might mean you hike in the mountains or something out of the ordinary.....

BTW the snow at the North Pole is like Styrofoam...

Last edited:
Anybody get hammered with that storm system that moved through the 'States??

It was -25'C outside this morning.....nice and balmy....

18 degrees Fahrenheit in Maryland. cant imagine how cold it is for you.
You are colder at that temp than we are...you'd be around -28'C

A wee bit chilly...and we are called the "frozen north" here in Canada....!

If you add up the high temps for the last six (counting today) it only totals 22 degree F. Thinking of riding yes, doing it? Not until it gets 50 degrees warmer (current temp is 1F).
That is chilly for certain.....

Tires don't stick in that kind of cold

-3 F here right now. A water main broke and the village may be without water tomorrow. There was no water Wednesday either. No biggy, go out and shovel a 5 gallon pail of snow and melt that down to wash with. Hop in the truck and drive down when you need to run into the woods.

-3 F here right now. A water main broke and the village may be without water tomorrow. There was no water Wednesday either. No biggy, go out and shovel a 5 gallon pail of snow and melt that down to wash with. Hop in the truck and drive down when you need to run into the woods.
I have done 6 road calls on all brand new trucks (less than 5,000 km) for A. Frozen EGR valves B. Frozen American diesel C. Crank case filters freezing I'm pretty much done with this weather and we've only had a week of it this year....

I have done 6 road calls on all brand new trucks (less than 5,000 km) for A. Frozen EGR valves B. Frozen American diesel C. Crank case filters freezing I'm pretty much done with this weather and we've only had a week of it this year....
My dad grew up in Saskatchewan and had a small trucking company in the '50s...he told me in the winter they drained all the fluid from the rad and each night they'd drain the oil and take the battery into the house (gas trucks).

In the morning they'd heat the oil up on the wood stove before they put it into the truck. One guy would be putting in the oil and the other would be putting in the battery.

The truck didn't get shut off all day.......that must have sucked...

Where?

fixing to dump snow on us again here in Ohio. 22 degrees and gonna be down to 5 in a couple of days. Just get it over with. I could use some of Al Gores global warming right about now.

Last time we were above 0 F was Thursday afternoon. The next time we are forecast to get above zero is on Tuesday with a balmy 3. I hate winter.

Back