weak parts of the hayabusa engine

stevemannn

Registered
as you can tell im new to this forum,but i am not new to turbos or engines

ok well in the near future i plan on building a hayabusa powered mini and slapping a turbo on that bad boy

my question is what are the weak parts of this engine that i would need to build up before i slap a turbo on

where i come from we bassically just need to slap in a set of rods and its brand new (1.8 20v turbo vw/audi engine)

what needs to be done to prepare for a turbo on these engines?
ill drop the comp.to 9.5:1
i plan on 350-400 hp

and where is a good place to source a turbo mani? since i plan on building my own kit

i plan on using s.e.m. (megasquirt etc.)

thanks in advance

Since it's going in a car I would sawp rods, pistons, and put in billet shift shafts and output shaft. The trans is going to do alot of extra work.

Since it's going in a car I would sawp rods, pistons, and put in billet shift shafts and output shaft. The trans is going to do alot of extra work.

I rebuilt a gearbox from a busa powered circuit car, couldn't believe how worn stuff was compared to bike use. in addition to whats mentioned above also suggest getting the gears undercut ....both directions if your downshifting and engine braking into corners and hd (turbo)clutch springs

im from pennsylvania

i dont have any pictures as of yet. since i havnt sourced an engine or shell yet.
just gathering things together before i jump into something big

here are the kits im talking about though...some pretty crazy stuff

zcars.org.uk: Single Engined Mini

theres a place in cali so i can get things shipped,and not have to worry about getting it from the uk

yeah i figured the trans was gonna take a beating concidering the weight difference
is there a site that sells stuff for the trans? or should i just get it done at a machine shop

thanks for the input guys.
gonna start peiceing the engine together in the next month or so
im sure youll be hearing from me again

I have a supercharged busa engine in a car and would agree with the above, needs a lot of additional parts. I have APE undercut trans on hd output shaft and the stronger shift rods (plus pistons, rods, cams etc) and the gearchange feels much better than stock.

yeah i was just checkin out HAYABUSAZONE
seems like APE has alot of great parts...not to pricey either
not bad for a built up trans

supercharger huh?
what kind of numbers are you seeing?

If APE still makes their 1/2 inch head bolts out of the same material then i wouldn't use them. RCC turbos has some much better 13mm head bolts

If APE still makes their 1/2 inch head bolts out of the same material then i wouldn't use them. RCC turbos has some much better 13mm head bolts
Actually ape makes a 1/2" studs now and they are very strong
Posted via Mobile Device

Check with * aperaceparts.com * they can fix ya up with everything that you need :thumbsup:

good to know

i was reading over here that alot of guys do a conversion to run a chain for timing

stock busa engine uses a belt? or is this just b.s.?

HAYABUSAZONE

sorry i dont have the engine so im not too sure

should be at my old job the end of this month.. so ill finally start having a ****tload of money lol
and thats when this project will start

Hayabusa uses a timing chain not belt. Maybe your thinking adjustable cam sprockets.

ARP fastners also make a set of drop in cylinder studs. Top quality stuff from ARP.

Back