We should just let them all in?

DAB

Registered
Mexico protests military and new walls on border
Reuters

Mexico will complain to the U.S. government about plans to build security fences and deploy National Guard troops along the border to curb illegal immigration, the foreign minister said on Thursday.

Mexico has pushed for sweeping immigration reforms to help millions of Mexicans work legally in the United States but it fears Washington is more interested in keeping them out.

Foreign Minister Luis Ernesto Derbez said Mexico would send a note protesting the plans to build new walls and send the National Guard to the 2,000-mile (3,200-km) border that hundreds of thousands of Mexicans sneak across every year in search of jobs.

"There are 12 million Mexicans on the other side, 12 million people who live every day in anguish about the need for a reform to let them live peacefully," Derbez said.

The U.S. Senate passed a bill on Wednesday that would see 370 miles of new fences built at strategic points along the border.

Lawmakers in the U.S. House of Representatives have also passed a bill to vastly extend existing border fences, making it likely new barriers of some kind will be part a final compromise deal with the Senate.

President George W. Bush was traveling to the border town of Yuma, Arizona, on Thursday to press his case for tougher border controls combined with reforms that would give millions of immigrants a chance to become U.S. citizens.

He said earlier this week said he would deploy up to 6,000 National Guard troops along the Mexico border.

Supporters of tougher U.S. immigration measures argue illegal immigrants are criminals and take jobs from legal residents.

But many business groups say the United States needs foreign workers who are willing to work in jobs that Americans do not want, and Hispanic groups are flexing their political muscle to demand legalization.

Some U.S. lawmakers expect stronger border walls to help stem the flow of drugs from Mexico, which increasingly violent smuggling gangs use as the main entry point into the United States.

Emigration to the United States is a useful social safety valve for Mexico, allowing the poor to escape in search of a better life. They sent around $20 billion in cash transfers to their families at home last year, the country's second biggest source of foreign currency after oil exports.

$20 billion dollars was made illegaly here in the United States and sent to Mexico?

Ok, now I have a real problem with that.

I think they shoud legalize ALL immigrants currently in the United States..

Then makes sure they are paid minimum wage, make sure taxes are taken out.

Make sure they cannot wire money home

Make sure we know where they are living.

Make sure no one can go back to Mexico

Make sure no one else from Mexico can come here except through legal channels..

Yeah.. the company's want immigrants here as long as they can pay them crap, don’t have to pay any benefits and basically take advantage of them. lets legalize them all so the company's HAVE to pay them more money and have to account for them on the payroll books and pay benefits

Illegal immigrants want to work here as long as they can send money back home to Mexico and have the ability to reap the benefits of making money here, not paying taxes and spending in Mexico. That is not fair to the United States.

Lets legalize all immigrants so they can pay taxes, be counted for population tracking and to track their spending habits like all other Americans are being tracked.

Yep.. all Illegal immigrants want to be legalized, suuuuuure lets legalize them ALL… then we will know where everyone is at and we can control them better.

I think all the illegal immigrants did was stir up a hornets nest. I don’t think they have ANY clue as to what can of worms they just opened..

But they are soon going to find out, I guarantee it is not going to turn out like all the illegal immigrants want.. ROTFLMFAO

Mexico can protest all they like but... um... it's our border, our troops, and our country. They really don't get the concept of STFU and stay out, do they?

F@#K  Mexico. They have been raping our country for too long and now all the illegals are pissed because their little protests have stirred up the hornets nest. The average American used to just shrug his shoulders about the border, now we're much more aware and are finally doing something about it. I myself am not against the exploding collar. You get deported, you get a collar. Cross the border again and BOOM!!

<!--EDIT|GMbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147979443 -->

One though I had is that we could simply arrest them and put them in  labor camps.  The government could then bid them out to business owners for low costs(to offset the camps).  Problems solved, businesses get cheap labor, no longer a burden our social services.

I wonder how they like the results of the protesting now?

The other side of this, is that we're not helping anything by being lienient. Instead we're like enablers for alcoholics.  Their country is $hit, instead of fixing it (they have tons of coastline, ample natural resources, a rich history, good food and tequila) we allow them to come here and suck the $ out of our country. Not only that the ppl that are the hardest workers and most ambitious are the ones leaving the country, so were making things worse.  Now we're in worse shape and they're in worse shape and there's no priority to address the issues in their country.

Mexico could legalize drugs (which they almost did) and enhance their toruism offerings(renevate tourist areas and address the water/public safety issues).  PPL would be jumping the fence the other way, and their gains would be off the chart. If el presidente Fox (Damn, I hate that f*cker)would pull his head out of his  a$$ they could be a prosperous society instead of a bunch of feeding parasites.

<!--EDIT|TheDude27
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147992130 -->

One though I had is that we could simply arrest them and put them in  labor camps.  The government could then bid them out to business owners for low costs(to offset the camps).  Problems solved, businesses get cheap labor, no longer a burden our social services.

I wonder how they like the results of the protesting now?

The other side of this, is that we're not helping anything by being lienient. Instead we're like enablers for alcoholics.  Their country is $hit, instead of fixing it (they have tons of coastline, ample natural resources, a rich history, good food and tequila) we allow them to come here and suck the $ out of our country. Not only that the ppl that are the hardest workers and most ambitious are the ones leaving the country, so were making things worse.  Now we're in worse shape and they're in worse shape and there's no priority to address the issues in their country.

Mexico could legalize drugs (which they almost did) and enhance their toruism offerings(renevate tourist areas and address the water/public safety issues).  PPL would be jumping the fence the other way, and their gains would be off the chart. If el presidente Fox (Damn, I hate that f*cker)would pull his head out of his  a$$ they could be a prosperous society instead of a bunch of feeding parasites.
I vote the DUDE for President of Mexico!!!!!

I will even go there and party a few years after you get it fixed up !!!

thumbs-up.gif

biggrin.gif

H8 to sound like a Rush, BUT they are breaking the law, We DO have major drugs comming in from the border, We do have Terror concerns from the borders. SHUT THEM DOWN NOW. send in 20k nations guards (they have 1 job guard the nation, I'm guessing borders are included in that) I'm all for taking time a few months to figure out what to do with the ones here now, but Plug the fuggin hose and close the borders!

Also as "Thedude" mexico is capable of raising the GNP easy. look at all the coast line, beaches, hot a$$ skinny chicks. no reason they can't be a profitable country IMHO.

I think USA should let them all in, then you can have our headaches; the Indians have the roads blocked, want all the land in Canada plus everything for free, all the French speaking bastards down East, all the Pakis in Edmonton, and all the Asians that are taking over EVERYWHERE! (look at Hongcouver). Sh1t I cant even go to Banff, in my own province, where I am a local without fighting with some Chinese guy that can't speak english, wanting me to pay to cross the border from Alberta to Alberta.

I almost think it would be nice just having to deal with Mexicans.
tounge.gif

I think USA should let them all in, then you can have our headaches; the Indians have the roads blocked, want all the land in Canada plus everything for free, all the French speaking bastards down East, all the Pakis in Edmonton, and all the Asians that are taking over EVERYWHERE! (look at Hongcouver). Sh1t I cant even go to Banff, in my own province, where I am a local without fighting with some Chinese guy that can't speak english, wanting me to pay to cross the border from Alberta to Alberta.

I almost think it would be nice just having to deal with Mexicans.
tounge.gif
And that folks is why I wont move to Canada..

At least here we can still carry guns and shoot people if we need to
biggrin.gif

for now anyway

You have Indians that want the land in Canada? I thought that was a United States thing only.. whats up with that?

Dude you have no idea, this was not meant to be a prejudiced post, please dont take it that way, but they are taking over cities, mostly in Saskatchewan, terror tactics, gang activity, they will jump little old ladies, do home invasions, real dirty sh1t.
I live in a little town, no crime, 198 of 200 population are white, but there are 3 reserves 90 miles North, huge bad population in Lloydminster 35 miles away, yes it is a big problem. Every damn day.
And we dont have open limit days or anything!

No open limit days!! now that is some fugged up shid!!!

Well as they say.. the United States might suck, but it is the best place on the planet (for now)

I had allways wanted to move to Australia.. until I found out you are not allowed to have guns there either.

Then I was recently thinking Canada might be a cool place to live.. until lately I have been hearing about biker gangs whacking people left and right and now I hear about this shid from you..

Think I will just stay in the US, heck California is starting to even look good again. might just stay here after all sheeeeeesh

Biker gangs whacking people left and right? There have been 8. Not this year...8......total. You take a look at the murder rate in the good ol' US of A, then Canada, and tell me that this isnt a safer place to live.

Anyway, we like our own chitholes, or we would be on the other side of the border, right? I like coming into the States for trips, cheap bullets, holidays, but the South side scares the hell out of me.

Maybe its a propaganda thing, we always hear of all the terrible things that happen in the States, maybe you hear the transverse side of it.

Tell you what though, next time you come North, hang at my place, I have 2 spare bedrooms, 5 couches, likely a beer in the fridge and I will clean off the snooker table for the non-riding days. Theres no killing in this part of Alberta. Hell, theres 200 people live here, theres no crime at all.

I like Canadians, those guys up there build some cool classic trucks and the hockey is good too.

Back