We got Codys stereo installed today.

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
It wasnt too bad in the garage. New head unit, amp, capacitor, and sub enclosure. Sounds really good too. He is happy and I am almost done. Now I just need to install the shocks, rotate the tires, and fix the exhaust leak. :banghead:

And Thapp, the number I have for you no longer works. Can you please pm me your new number? :please:

tapatalk_1339897342088.jpg

Sent from my busa!

tapatalk_1339897342088.jpg

you know who to contact when you need to get in touch with somebody :poke: :laugh: check your phone

Ok, here a few pictures, nothing fancy but it rocks. Had to take the seats and carpet out to get all the wiring in. Have fun trying to find a hole in the firewall of one of these jeeps. :banghead:

2012-06-27_18-06-39_740.jpg

2012-06-27_18-07-26_351.jpg

2012-06-27_18-07-33_901.jpg

Its awesome that you got him a nice little stereo system setup in his ride. I remember my parents hated my first system but then again it was 14 years ago and systems were ALOT more expensive then. Now my stepdad who hated them now loves going for rides in my cars. Once i started doing it for a living for a few years my parents started understanding my passion for audio both car and home. I kind of miss the days of doing installs some of the big custom systems were fun.

Pioneer makes great head units the best bang for the buck and tend to last.. if thats a metra dash kit space out the bottom right side and it will fit flush with the dash plastic instead of having the opening.. that was always a pet peave of mine about some of their units is the gaps they leave on the dodge chrysler and jeep vehicles, but they are by far the best prefab dash kits out there. Im currently running an alpine head unit, alpine 1000.1 amp, 2 optima red tops one under the hood and one in the trunk with kicker 0awg linking the two and 2 12" Polk DB subs in a ported enclosure. On your capacitor make sure you are running a big and clean ground. If not caps are notorious for straining charging systems because they are always pulling from the charging system hard when your system is going, your charging system winds up not only trying to run the stereo it is also trying to charge the capacitor at the same time. Not having a adequate ground they tend to cause massive problems, When installing them i always used atleast a 4ga ground both in and out of it, the ground in to a complete flat surface that was cleaned with a grinder or wire wheel and to a factory bolt going through the body a small screw is not enough. Ive seen alot of altenators take a beating and fail because of weak grounds.

Back