Twotones stereo install with pics

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, those of you who have 4 door crew cabs know there is not alot of free space in them. So.........I did what anyone would do and designed my own system with what I had to work with. I needed a head unit that would allow me to pair my phone via bluetooth, connect and charge my ipod, and play cd's. The Pioneer 3200bt fit the bill.
Next was the sub and sub enclosure, currently on back order but should arrive in week or two. My oldest son was home today so we started thinking about how to install of this. Removed the rear seats and installed a base to mount the amp and capacitor on. Aluminum tread plate was perfect, it matches the truck, is sturdy, and make a nice finished touch without carpet or upholstery. I removed the anchors and drilled the aluminum to match, bent the aluminum just a touch and mounted it.

Stereo 001.jpg

Stereo 002.jpg

The removal of the dash was a snap and we had the new receiver installed in no time. Sorry Sixpack, but I went ahead and installed the switch to ground and the dvd plays like a champ.

Stereo 003.jpg

First fitting and have everything ran to the components except the power from the battery.

Stereo 004.jpg

All wire ran, powered up and tested. Good to put the seats back in. Kenwood 1800w amp, 900 RMS, should really push the sub. The capacitor will keep my electrical system from being strained.

Stereo 005.jpg

Last edited:
Seats back in, truck cleaned up, and one heck of a clean install. Thanks for all the help my son, it was fun today.

Stereo 006.jpg

Stereo 007.jpg

The removal of the dash was a snap and we had the new receiver installed in no time. Sorry Sixpack, but I went ahead and installed the switch to ground and the dvd plays like a champ.

No need for appologies, at least on your end, I'm sorry I couldn't help you last night. As I said, I don't speak electronics well:laugh: I would have done fine with a test light or ohm meter in person:laugh: I'm just glad it worked out for you.

She looks even better when she is clean. Which she was until Friday.
Posted via Mobile Device

Looks really good. I also like the idea of the diamond plate mounting board. Good thinking on installing the cap as well.

Yeah thats a really nice install. Good touch on the diamond plate and grounding it to that. less length in wires. :thumbsup:

Looks good..sorry for not thinking of this before...you might want to check out
Car Alarm, Car Stereo, Mobile Video, and Cruise Control Info for Installers it is a good car / truck audio site. One thing that may also be worth the effort is putting a bigger wire from you alternator to battery. It depends on what the amps pull and if you turn it up often. There are more custom truck guys there that might mimic your set up.

Thanks for the heads up bro, I already have a 185amp alternator with two batteries. She is a diesel. Love my F250.

Yeah thats a really nice install. Good touch on the diamond plate and grounding it to that. less length in wires. :thumbsup:

It worked out really well because the anchor bolts through to the body of the cab. Its a car seat belt anchor. I hope it will work, so far so good.

great job TTV, the set-up looks sweet and i'm sure it is going to sound just as good! :beerchug:

Back