wave rotors

whzyrd

Registered
Is there any advantages to wave rotors or disadvantages im thinking they would shave off some weight other than that i dont see any other advantages besides looks .
Please chime in and let me know was thinking about doing them when i do braided lines
Thanks Rich

I had the same question, Rich, so thanks for asking. That article did provide a better understanding, but as an around town kind of rider with only the occasional hard riding are they worth the money?

there great if ya doing ya bike up for looks i recon,but waves are ment to help alil coz of bigger wholes thro it,cerculation can cool them down faster,if you get aftermarket ones be carefull coz they can warp thro the heat.

they look cool, make no difference to braking and slash your wrists and fingers when you try to clean the front wheel.
cheaper than OE Suzuki rotors though.

But again, if you aren't trying to run 8s on the strip, not runnin' turbo or NOS is it really a worthwhile upgrade or just a matter of look?

But again, if you aren't trying to run 8s on the strip, not runnin' turbo or NOS is it really a worthwhile upgrade or just a matter of look?[/QUOTE]

Busas' also have to turn and decelerate! Dropping 2+ pounds of dead weight from the front wheel--for me, yes. For you, only you know (maybe the Shadow knows too).  
rock.gif

"Braking" wave rotors fitted to my 'Busa - the r/h rotor/spider rivets worked loose and let the rotor "jangle" - sorted with a (precision) hammer and drift!

P9260003.jpg

Back