Water in sump

wheelybin22

Registered
Hello everyone
This is only my 2nd post so very new to this forum, got my busa up and running again after a core plug popped out from in between the cams and I overheated it. Now I still have a problem!!
Engine was removed and and stripped down for inspection new set of rings fitted and i also had to get 0.012â€￾ skimmed of the cylinder head.

Engine is now running 100% and is NOT overheating or boiling up but is putting water into the sump!! Would anyone have any idea how are at what point the water would be getting in to the sump?

Regards

Cracked jacket or warped head / base gasket...there are only so many mating surfaces

Hi thanks for your reply. Can I ask is the bottom of the cylinder block open at the base gasket? ie, is the base gasket also a seal for water?

Regards

If a good mechanic did the work. Then you take head gasket out of the equation, unfortunately that takes you to cracked jugs or head or maybe warped head which the mechanic should have spotted. Best of luck.

You say warped head. The head had 0.012" skimmed of it to make it flat again. Think I will strip it this time myself and have a look.

It's a method of checking for cracks, that was 35 years ago, better methods might be available now.

I don't know about aluminum, but on the old iron they would connect an electrical charge and pour flux ( a powder ) over the part and it would fall to the floor or adhere to a crack, showing the crack.

The head needs to be pressure tested, there is a crack somewhere

Back