Was this color Hayabusa sold in the US?

That was the original '99 model.

gotta love the copper
cool.gif

You guys are fast!
No, not a joke, I really like this color and was wondering if they were sold here in the US at all. Didn't see it on the Suzuki site for model years 2004/5/6.
Don't think I'll want to get the 1999 model though, if I get a used one I'd rather get a 2004 or 2005...

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated!

jan

Jan,
A lot of the beauty of the Busa is that it hasn't changed much in the last 7 years. The copper was the original and a lot of people still think it is the best looking one. One item of significance is that in 2000, there was agreement between Honda, Kawasaki and Suzuki to keep bikes restricted to 186 MPH via a rev limiter. So, all '01's and newer are restricted. I hadn't seen you before, so welcome. Good luck with your search. BTW, there are several Busas for sale here on the boards......

You guys are fast!
No, not a joke, I really like this color and was wondering if they were sold here in the US at all. Didn't see it on the Suzuki site for model years 2004/5/6.
Don't think I'll want to get the 1999 model though, if I get a used one I'd rather get a 2004 or 2005...

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated!

jan
GTG, like Pappy said thats one of the fast ones.

Thanks mc mustang! Yes, I'm new, lurking and asking questions..

1999 is 6 years old though, are they still OK? And how much would I pay for that? I'm still debating if I would want to buy used, or go for a new but (hopefully) discounted 2005. I'll certainly check what's for sale on this board though...

High top speed is nice but here in the US I'd be afraid to try it out anyway (unless it's during a track day???), too many cops! Back in the Netherlands I kinda knew where I could go fast, and even then they got me a few times!

jan

I'm with id gunnut on this one
gotta love the copper and silver
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|onerabidshark
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130359485 -->

You could always buy a newer (04-05) used one and switch body work. The tank is different however, the 99/00 had an external fuel pump, whereas the newer (01+) ones are internal. Other that that, it's easy to switch.

Thanks mc mustang! Yes, I'm new, lurking and asking questions..

1999 is 6 years old though, are they still OK? And how much would I pay for that? I'm still debating if I would want to buy used, or go for a new but (hopefully) discounted 2005. I'll certainly check what's for sale on this board though...

High top speed is nice but here in the US I'd be afraid to try it out anyway (unless it's during a track day???), too many cops! Back in the Netherlands I kinda knew where I could go fast, and even then they got me a few times!

jan
You can expect to pay about $ 6,000 for a 99/2000 Busa

Back