was asked if I would sell...

BUSAFETT

Registered
I was out cleaning ROCKET before putting her in the garage Thurs night, and noticed someone at the stop sign in front of my house watching.. I looked up and the guy said "nice bike man- would you consider selling her?"

I told him right now I can't bring myself to do it, but would keep him in mind if something changed- he said he just sold his Gixxer 1K and was looking to upgrade. He then wanted to know how many miles were on my Busa etc-

He finally asked what I would let her go for if I decided to sell.... I told him 9 to shut him up. Again he's sitting at the stop sign in front of my house... I was hoping another car would come to save me and bump him along.

He finally left and said "well let me know if you decide to let her go!"- that was a close one.. might have been a prob if he pulled out 9Gs in cash
biggrin.gif

I have people ask me all the time. I tell them 10k. If their willing to pay that much, I'll just buy a brand new one. I don't have a whole lot of upgrades that can't easily be replaced.

well?...i look at it this way...the new busa may have the snazzy dual fuel injected heads and stroked rods but...i just can't see how the extra 2" more wheelbase is going to make the new busa handle better than the highly refined over 9 years street proven genI busa...basically making the genI busas we now own...

"IRREPLACEABLE"

So much hoopla is made in the super GT bike arena ragarding shaving 1/10ths of a second in the 1/4 mile that..."THAT"...is the only place i can see where a wheelbase increased by a full 2"s might help...on "The Launch"....but i'd be a cold day in he11 that anyone would convince me that they have any handling advantage at all in ANY other riding application...and i believe that the new '08 busa owners are gonna be some hurt'in puppies in places such as the dragon...or any other tight technical curvature the DOT may afford us.
laugh.gif

The one things that's seemed to amaze eveyone (test editors included) about the GenI busa the first time they rode it was...

"How Well The Big Beast HANDLED"

It blew peoples minds how easily this 500+lb super GT could become an asphault ballerina...but now with the GenII Busa having an extra 2" s added to her wheelbase?...no doubt purposfully aimed at gaining an advantage on the 1/4 mile launch?....the GenII Busa may find they wanna leave their dancing shoes at home when the road starts to curl up on'em.
laugh.gif

ain't sell'in mine!
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

Mabye somebody will make a shorter swing arm for the twisty bits along with a new tail section and exhaust system
rant.gif

Back