War dogs of the pacific

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Hdonejpg.4795043.jpg

My God I have not been so moved when watching a documentary as this.
Absolutely speechless I am after seeing it. Anyone who loves dogs needs to see this.
Yes it is a tale of men using animals for purposes of war and we can argue that another day but the bonds between man and beast have never been described and shown in more of a touching way.
Before you get all bent.
Of the 549 dogs used during the campaigns all but 25 lived.
And after the war all those who survived went thru retraining and all but 4 were returned to original pre war owner or given to the handler to take home.
A truly heart warming and wrenching tale for any history as well as animal lover.

Just a bit of pics and history to interest:

new09.jpg

wardog.jpg

chips.gif

USMC-C-Guam-p27.jpg

harper_schwartz_adamski_peak.jpg

war-dog-sleeping-marine.jpg

1256492706_1.jpg

0.jpg

Always Faithful Cemetery on the Island of Guam in the Pacific..
This Dobie on top is credited with saving the lives of over 250 men..
Quam.JPG

need tissues...

I feel a special bond with WWII vets and those involved because for 8yrs or so I met over 200 people every day in which at least 90% of them were.
Working on lot at Lincoln in West Palm I was blessed enough to meet these folks. From all races and creeds.
I loved to talk to them about their stories and used to look forward to going to their homes to deliver the vehicles.
Truly an incredible generation they were.

The dogs who were there as well define loyalty and service to the highest.
All Medal of Honor winners they should be..

Again thanks to the people and canines who have , who are , or who are going.
And thanks to the ones who are not here to be thanked.
Just thought I would share this with you as like I said the movie is a documentary with interviews as well as real footage of the ones who tell it.
Incredible story...

Last edited:
I've watched that on the military channel like 4-5 times, and your so right, I'm a huge dog lover and the bond between handler & dog in that setting brings a new level between love & work. Wiped my eyes several times to say the least, to say its moving is just scratching the surface. Awsome documentary:thumbsup:

Def a box worth of tissue or one roll of TP is needed...but incredible to hear even 90yr old guys well up and come close to crying 50yrs later while telling the story.

Back